This strawberry rice krispy treats recipe is made using freeze-dried strawberries, mini marshmallows, and butter. It is a simple classic rice krispies treat recipe with a secret ingredient to take to the next level. This recipe is perfect for Valentine’s Day, Mother’s Day, or just for a fun event during the spring or summer! Try them and let me know what you think 🙂
Since you are here, you might also enjoy these other strawberry desserts like strawberry shortcake cookies, strawberry shortcake mcflurry, as well as this fresh strawberries milk recipe!
This is the best strawberry rice krispies treats
Is it just me or are we all obsessed with anything pink?! These fun treats are not only pink but will also taste like real strawberries thanks to the fact that we use real freeze-dried strawberries in them. They are light, chewy, and packed with extra marshmallows to take that texture we all love to the next level.
Now without further ado, let’s get to making this recipe! Happy baking!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe has a unique flavor. Nothing like the other cereal treats you’ve had before.
- You can make these crisp rice cereal treats in no time plus they don’t even require you to turn on the oven!
- They are kid friendly! Let your little ones help make these.
- This recipe is budget-friendly, it tastes great and doesn’t cost that much!
It’s the perfect shareable recipe, double or triple the recipe and give a little treat to all your friends and family. They will love you for it!
Ingredients for this fun twist of a strawberry rice krispy recipe.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this fruity rice krispy treat recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Rice Krispy cereal
- Mini marshmallows
- Freeze-dried strawberries– I got mine from trader joe’s but you can get them anywhere, even on Amazon.
- Vanilla extract
How to make this strawberry rice krispie treat recipe
This is how you can make this strawberry treat. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line an 8×8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the strawberries into a fine powder and set aside.
- In a large bowl, microwave the marshmallows, and butter together until melted for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the rice krispy cereal and the strawberry powder to the marshmallow mixture and mix with a spatula until well coated. Mix in the extra cup of mini marshmallows.
- Gently spread the cereal mixture into an even layer. Make sure not to press too hard we don’t want our rice krispies to be too dense.
- Allow them to cool down for 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and enjoying them.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these strawberry rice krispy treats?
These are best enjoyed the same day you make them. But if you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container for up to 2 days at room temperature.
How can I take this recipe to the next level?
A few ways to take this classic treat to the next level is to use cookie cutters to slice fun shapes. Think hearts for Valentine’s Day! You can also drizzle melted chocolate on top to give it a nice contrast and extra depth of flavor for all those chocolate strawberry lovers. Feel free to use dark, semi-sweet chocolate, or even melted white chocolate chips as a drizzle.
Can I use strawberry jello instead of freeze-dried fruit?
Yes you can. Many recipes use strawberry gelatin to give their classic rice krispie treats a fun color and flavor. Instead of using the freeze-fried strawberry powder from this recipe add a 3oz container of strawberry jello to the melted marshmallow mixture and stir well to combine before adding in the rice krispies cereal.
How to store these strawberry rice krispy treats for longer?
A great way to make sure your cereal treat recipe last longer is to freeze these delicious treats in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Allow them to thaw on the counter fully before enjoying them again.
delicious strawberry rice krispie treats recipe
Strawberry Rice Krispy Treats
- 1 oz freeze dried strawberries
- 10 oz mini marshmallows plus 1 cup to mix in
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 5 cup rice krispie cereal
- Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper then set aside.
- In a food processor, grind the strawberries into a fine powder and set aside.1 oz freeze dried strawberries
- In a large bowl, microwave the marshmallows, vanilla extract, and butter together until melted for 1-2 minutes.10 oz mini marshmallows, 4 tablespoon butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the rice krispy cereal and the strawberry powder and mix with a spatula until well coated. Mix in the extra cup of mini marshmallows and mix.5 cup rice krispie cereal
- Gently spread the cereal mixture into an even layer. Make sure not to press too hard we don't want our rice krispies to be too dense. Allow them to cool down for 30 minutes at room temperature before slicing and enjoying them.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment