This Staburck turkey pesto panini copycat recipe is the ultimate copycat to your favorite Starbucks sandwich. It is made with simple ingredients and can be customized to your liking. This recipe is also great to make in advance for the week for an easy grab-and- lunch.
Since you are here, make sure to check out the Starbucks grilled cheese sandwich recipe, this Starbucks roasted tomato mozzarella panini, as well as these Starbucks egg white sun-dried tomato wraps.
I have been on a Starbucks sandwich kick! I have been making them so much that each recipe has its own tiktok video now! This time we are tackling the phenomenal turkey, roasted red bell peppers, provolone, and pesto panini. It truly is a wonder of a sandwich, especially during the summer when you can pair it with your favorite refresher.
This is the best Starbucks turkey pesto panini recipe ever!
I am definitely not saying that this sandwich would be perfect only for summer because the day after thanksgiving is the most perfect time to make a batch of these sandwiches for the week using any turkey leftovers that you have on hand.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Cost-effective- Making your own at home will save you a ton of money, even more so if you order for delivery because that delivery fee is no joke!
- Freshness- It is always my first choice to make things that I like outside at home because I know that all of my ingredients will be extra fresh.
- Customization- This recipe will allow you to really customize this sandwich. If you prefer mozzarella cheese to provolone, then do that. The world is your oyster.
- Healthier- Because you are the one making it you have control over what goes into your sandwich and how much of it makes it in as well.
- Time-saving- This not only saves you drive-through time that you already don’t have but can save you time during those mornings when you need something on-the-go or during busy nights when you need a quick and easy dinner that you can pair with a salad. All you need to do is prep a few extra sandwiches and store them for later in the week.
Ingredients for this Starbucks turkey & pesto sandwich
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy high-protein sandwich recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient list.
- Ciabatta rolls– I like using ciabatta bread for this but feel free ot use Italian bread, sourdough bread, or any kind of bread you really love.
- Basil pesto- This flavorful pesto option will add a bright flavor to the sandwich. You can use homemade or storebought.
- Deli turkey slices- We are sticking with the turkey slices to make this an exact copycat to what Starbucks has to offer, you can use either deli meat or leftover turkey from Thanksgiving. If you don’t have turkey on hand, feel free to use chicken breast slices or deli chicken slices.
- Provolone cheese slices- We will be using extra provolone in this turkey panini to get that delicious melty provolone cheese with each bite.
- Roasted red peppers– You can make these from scratch or you can use storebought.
How to make these delicious turkey pesto sandwiches?
This is how you can make this turkey pesto sandwich recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Preheat a pan on medium-low heat.
- Slice your bread then spread pesto on each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of provolone cheese on each side of the bread.
- Place a generous amount of deli turkey meat on top of the provolone cheese slice on the bottom end of the bread.
- Add some roasted bell peppers on top.
- Place the sandwich on the pan and press down with a spatula. You can also use a panini press if you have one.
- Once the first side is heated thoroughly, flip, and heat the other side. Press again on the sandwich.
- Remove from heat and slice in half before enjoying.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store any leftovers you might have?
You can store your leftovers in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the oven, on the stove, in the air fryer, or in the microwave before enjoying your sandwich.
What to serve with this Starbucks turkey panini?
Here are a few of my favorite things to serve with this sandwich:
- Fresh fruits
- Veggies with a dip like hummus or ranch
- Yogurt parfait
Starbucks turkey provolone pesto panini recipe
The best Starbucks turkey pesto panini
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- ½ cup basil pesto
- 8 oz thick deli turkey
- ¾ cup roasted red bell peppers
- 8 slices provolone cheese thick slices
- Olive oil
- Slice the ciabatta buns in half and place a slice of provolone cheese at the bottom of each slice.4 ciabatta rolls, 8 slices provolone cheese
- Spread a generous amount of pesto on the top slice of the ciabatta bread.½ cup basil pesto
- Top with turkey deli slices, roasted red bell peppers, and the top slice of the bread.8 oz thick deli turkey, ¾ cup roasted red bell peppers
- Place the sandwich on a lightly oiled pan over medium heat and toast on both sides. Gently press the sandwich down from time to time to give it that panini crunch. Flip on the other side and repeat until toasted.Olive oil
- Slice in half and enjoy.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!