These Rolo pretzel turtles are some of my favorite easy treats to make during the holiday season. Made with your favorite pretzels, topped with a Rolo candy, and a toasted pecan AKA the perfect complication of salty and sweet taste. Try them during the holiday season or just as a quick weeknight yummy treat!
If you’ve ever had turtle candies you know how addictive those are. Well, this time we are taking that sweet treat to the next level by inviting a salty pretzel to the mix. I mean who doesn’t love a sweet and salty treat that will literally be ready in minutes?
Plus this recipe is one of the most perfect holiday treats that you can make with your whole family to create new Christmas memories.
This is the best Rolo pecan turtle
This simple recipe will blow your mind and all your senses, from the crunch of the pecan and the pretzel to the soft and chewy chocolate caramels. It’s crazy how simple ingredients can yield something so delicious
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are great to add to your cookie exchanges gift boxes as a filler.
- This sweet treat is fairly inexpensive making it perfect for little gifts.
- This is a great recipe to make with your little ones around the holiday season.
Ingredients for this easy sweet treat.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make the easiest treats at home this holiday season. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Pretzels– Use your favorite mini pretzels for this recipe. Any kind works even the square pretzels!
- Rolo candies– These are a popular chocolate caramel candy.
- Pecan halves. Each melted Rolo will be topped with a pecan half. Make sure they are toasted for maximum enjoyment!
How to make this Rolo pretzel turtles recipe
This is how you can make this rolo candy at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place pretzels on a single layer parchment paper lined sheet pan.
- Place a Rolo candy on top of each pretzel and heat up in the oven.
- Press pecan halves on top of the softened chocolate, let it set, and enjoy your homemade Rolo turtles.
If you want to feel like your boogie self, top these with some flakey sea salt.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Variations for different holidays:
- Valentine’s day, drizzle them with pink candy melts, and melted white chocolate, or use the Hershey’s valentine’s day candies instead of the Rolo candies.
- Halloween: Decorate the melted Rolo candy with Halloween sprinkles and the pecan on top.
- Easter: Use pastel-colored chocolates instead of the caramel Rolo candy to fit the theme.
How to store these Rolo homemade pretzel turtles?
You can sore these in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks. Of course, you can store them in the fridge for a bit longer.
Depending on your preference you can enjoy them right out of the fridge or let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them!
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying them!
Can I double this recipe?
You sure can! Click the x2 or x3 in the recipe card. TO make your life easier just know that one bag of Rolo candies had 50 so if you want to double, use 2 bags and if you want to triple the recipe get 3 bags of Rolo.
Can I use anything else besides the Rolo candies?
These little snacks are very forgiving so you can change up the candy you use easily. You can use the caramel-filled hershey’s kisses or even the regular Hershey’s or even the mini Reese’s peanut butter cup or any other little soft chocolate candies that would usually melt.
How long do these need to bake?
These only need a little bit of time in the oven. 3-4 minutes tops to allow the Rolo candies to melt. We don’t want to leave them in the oven for too long because otherwise the chocolate will melt too much and become runny.
Pecan Rolo Pretzels
Rolo Pretzel Turtles
- 50 Rolo candy
- 50 pretzels
- 50 pecan halves
- Start by preheating the oven to 300F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels on the prepared baking sheet, then top each pretzel with one unwrapped Rolo candy.
- Bake the pretzels in the preheated oven for 4-5 minutes, pull them out and immediately top them with the pecan halves. Gently press to stick the pecan on top well.
- Let the chocolate set completely before enjoying.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!