These Pistachio pudding cookies are packed with crunchy chopped-up pistachios and white chocolate chips. Each cookie is soft and chewy in the center and a little crunchy on the outside.
We love sweet treats, we love sweet treats, even more, when they are easy to make and taste DELICIOUS! That’s why for St Patrick’s day I wanted to share something that’s more on the green side but that would also be super fun for the holiday because why not!
Pudding mix cookies are actually super popular because the pudding mix makes the cookies extra soft and chewy too without having to add in anything too crazy.
This is the best Pistachio Pudding Cookies
For these specific ones, we use pistachio pudding to give it that nutty flavor that we then combine with the toasted unsalted pistachios to bring it full circle.
It’s such a beautiful mixture of flavors and texture that I can’t wait for you to try out at home too!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are made with a few simple ingredients.
- These cookies are the perfect cookies for St Patrick’s day and even for the Christmas holidays.
- The cookie dough actually uses Pistachios as well as pistachio pudding so double the fun.
- With this cookie recipe you can make them light green without having to add any food coloring or make them a lot more green to fit whatever holidays you’re making these for by using some gel food coloring.
Ingredients for this Pistachio Pudding Cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- Make sure to use softened butter for this recipe.
- Brown & granulated sugar– This cookie uses a mix of sugars to get the cookie texture and sweetness just right
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent, make sure to use an egg at room temperature.
- Green gel food coloring– This will be used to accentuate the green color.
- Flour– AP flour works greak for this recipe.
- Pistachio pudding– Use the small instant packets of pistachio puddings for this.
- Baking soda– The baking soda will give these cookies a little height.
- Salt– Always use a little salt in your baked goods to balance out the sweetness.
- White chocolate chips– Using good quality chocolate chips is a must when making these cookies for the best results.
- Pistachios– Use toasted unsalted chopped pistachios for this.
Can I use semi sweet chocolate chips instead?
Absolutely! These cookies would be really good with semi-sweet chocolate chips or even milk chocolate chips so feel free to get creative here 🙂
How to make Pistachio Pudding Cookies
This is how you can make pistachio chocolate chip cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour, pistachio pudding, baking soda, and salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Mix in the chocolate chips and pixtachios.
- Scoop out 22 equally sized cookie dough balls, place on the baking sheet and gently flatten and bake.
- Cool down the cookies for a bit and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these pistachio chocolate chips cookies?
These cookies can be stored in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
You can also store them in the fridge for longer. I like to pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them ooey gooey again.
How to freeze pistachio pudding cookies?
You can freeze these cookies in an air-tight container for up to 2 months. Either let them thaw on the countertop, in the fridge overnight, or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them warm and delicious before eating them.
Can I make these without chocolate chips?
Absolutely! If you want to make these without chocolate chips, I would recommend adding more pistachios instead. Also, be aware that if you’re not going to add the chocolate chips you will get less than 22 cookies per batch.
Pistachio pudding cookies recipe
If you made these Pistachio pudding cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
White chocolate pistachio pudding cookies
- ½ cup butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg at room temperature
- green gel food coloring
- 1 cup AP flour
- 3.4 oz pistachio pudding 1 small packet
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup pistachios chopped, toasted
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla extract and the egg until combined. mix in a little green food coloring at a time until you get the color you desire.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, flour, pistachio pudding, baking soda, and salt, just until the flour mixture disappears. Now fold in the chocolate chips and pistachios.
- Using a small cookie scooper, scoop out 22 cookie dough balls place them on a baking sheet making sure to leave 1 inch of space between the cookies. Gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy with a tall cup of milk!
Recipe notesThis recipe makes 22 cookies using a small cookie scooper that holds about 2 tablespoon worth of cookie dough. You can store these cookies in an air-tight container for up to 5 days. Keep them in the fridge or freezer if you want to store them for longer.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!