So a couple of days ago I started cutting out processed sugar out of my diet again for some health reason. Did you guys know that a lot of the times when we decided to cut out sugar from your diet, just cutting out sweets is not enough… You have to literally read every nutritional label on everything you purchase from the store. For example, let’s say you want to make pasta for dinner and you buy premade pasta sauce in a jar, well that’s gonna have a lot of added sugar which acts as a preservative as well as something to flavor the sauce a little more. So what I am saying here is that you have to go above and beyond to avoid these pesky added sugars.
I won’t be posting my super easy tomato sauce recipe today but I have something even better. These delicious green oven roasted cauliflower bits with capers will make for a great side to any meat or fish. The color of this cauliflower will also make this a fun healthy dinner option for kids as well!
I also wanted to let you guys know that I recently have gotten a new backdrop!!!!! How exciting is that!! My neighbor was nice enough to give me one of his tiles since he knew I took food photos, and honestly, this new piece is by far my favorite!! Look at how incredible all of this healthy produce looks 🙂
Oven roasted capers green cauliflower
Yield 3-4 servings
Prep Time 20 minutes
Total Time 45minutes
Medium / large cauliflower head
2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
The juice of half a lemon
3 large garlic cloves chopped up
3 tbsp roughly chopped capers
2 Tbsp chopped shallots or red onion
- First, start by turning on the oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower head into florets and rinse them.
- Put the olive oil, lemon juice, chopped up capers, onions, and garlic in a bowl.
- Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil mixture.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and put the cauliflower florets on it. Add whatever leftover olive oil and caper mixture on top of the cauliflowers and put the baking tray in the oven.
- Cook for 25 minutes, rotating the baking tray halfway through.
- Enjoy this delicious and healthy side with your main dish!
Let me know how this recipe turned out for you bellow!! and don’t forget to tag me in your picture on social media using the hashtag #TDFoodie