This frozen cottage cheese bark recipe is full of protein and flavor! It’s made with cottage cheese, peanut butter, and sweet berries. It is a versatile high-protein snack that will satisfy you every time!
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this protein-packed treat. Follow along with this easy no-bake recipe to find out how to make it!
This is the Best Frozen Cottage Cheese Bark Recipe!
Unlike other frozen desserts, this delicious high protein dessert recipe has a nutrient-rich base with cottage cheese as its main ingredient. The cottage cheese is blended, which gives it a creamy texture similar to ice cream.
Aside from its quick and easy preparation, it is also extremely versatile. You can play around with it and add or substitute any ingredients to fit every craving or seasonal theme.
Ingredients for this Frozen Cottage Cheese Bark Recipe
Scroll down to the recipe card at the bottom of the page for the detailed ingredient measurements.
- Cottage Cheese: The higher the fat content, the creamier the texture will be. It doesn’t matter if you get large curd or small curd because we will be blending it regardless.
- Maple Syrup: You will want to sweeten the cottage cheese to make it more dessert-like. Maple syrup was picked for this recipe; however, honey or agave nectar would also work great.
- Peanut Butter: You can use natural peanut butter or the more processed one like the Skippy one. Whatever you have on hand will work.
- Freeze-dried Berries: Because of the high moisture content in fresh strawberries or other fresh fruits, they will be very hard when they freeze and won’t be easy to chew. That’s why freeze-dried fruits work the best in this case. But feel free to use fresh fruits instead if you’d like!
How to Make this Frozen Cottage Cheese Bark Recipe
Make sure to scroll down to the end of this post for the full recipe card and the step-by-step instructions!
- Blend the cottage cheese with the maple syrup in a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or wax paper, then pour in the cottage cheese mixture. Spread mixture into a rectangular shape. We want it to be at ¼ inch thick.
- Melt the peanut butter in a small bowl for 15-30 seconds or so. We want the texture to be liquid so that it’s easy to drizzle.
- Drizzle the peanut butter on the cottage cheese and swirl using a knife. Top it with the freeze-dried berries. I used strawberries and blueberries specifically, but you can use whatever you like! Continue reading to find ideas for different flavors you could try!
- Freeze for 2-3 hours before slicing into it and enjoying your high-protein snack!
Why You Need to Make this Recipe!
- It only requires a few simple ingredients and doesn’t take a long time to prepare!
- It’s a healthy and great way to enjoy a crunchy frozen dessert on a hot summer day.
- This versatile cottage cheese snack can easily be made with different variations to suit your taste buds.
- Make it ahead of time as a meal-prepped healthy snack to have throughout the week!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How Do I Store this Delicious Dessert?
Put your leftovers in an airtight container and put it back in the freezer. It should last for up to a month. Only take it out when you’re ready to eat it so that it maintains its shape and doesn’t melt.
Which Type of Cottage Cheese Works Best?
That solely depends on what you’re going for: flavor or health. Using full fat cottage cheese will give your bark a creamier texture and a better mouthfeel. Low fat or fat-free cottage cheese will reduce the overall calories.
What Other Flavor Variations Can I Try?
- PB&J: Use crunchy peanut butter or almond butter. Then swap out the freeze-dried berries for grape or strawberry fruit jam.
- Candy Bar: If you have a sweet tooth or you’re wanting to make a healthy dessert that your kids will love, stir in some melted dark chocolate chips with the melted peanut butter and top with crushed graham crackers or broken pretzel pieces.
- Berry Cheesecake: Add a half cup of cream cheese and strawberry or raspberry jam for truly decadent high protein dessert.
High Protein Frozen Cottage Cheese Bark Recipe
High protein Healthy frozen cottage cheese bark
- 2 cup cottage cheese
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ½ cup freeze-dried berries
- Blend the cottage cheese with the maple syrup in a blender, food processor, or with an immersion blender.2 cup cottage cheese, ¼ cup maple syrup
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper then pour in the cottage cheese mixture. Spread the mixture into a rectangle. We want them to be at ¼ inch thick.
- Melt the peanut butter in a small bowl for 30 seconds or so. We want the texture to be liquid so that it's easy to drizzle.¼ cup peanut butter
- Drizzle the peanut butter on the cottage cheese and swirl using a knife. Top it with the freeze-dried berries. I used strawberries and blueberries. Get creative here, use what you have and what you like to really make this bark your own!½ cup freeze-dried berries
- Freeze for 2-3 hours before slicing into it and enjoying your high-protein snack! Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the freezer for later!