Moist peanut butter mug cake, a moist and delicious little cake made in the microwave in less than five minutes. This is the best and most indulgent quick cake ever. Top it with vanilla frosting or vanilla ice cream for the best movie night dessert.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I like dessert! I like fast desserts too. That’s why this peanut butter mug cake is something I have become obsessed with in the last few weeks. With everything going on this year, I just wanted something comforting, fast!
Something that I can justify as “self care” because it just feels so good eating it while enjoying my favorite fall movies.
I don’t know about you, but I am totally obsessed with anything peanut butter. I eat peanut butter by the spoonful before my workout or just as a snack. So you can understand that this miniature peanut butter cake was right up my alley.
Enjoy my favorite 5 minute peanut butter cake recipe today!
If you love peanut butter, you’re gonna love these peanut butter noodles!
What better day to celebrate than a Tuesday afternoon! Actually, you should celebrate with this every day but that wouldn’t be considered balanced. You want to maybe have this every other day. How good does a single serve in less than five minutes sound.
I hope you understood that I was joking. Have this peanut butter microwave cake whenever your heart desires. Just know that it will make you feel all warm and cozy inside.
What’s so special about this mug cake recipe?
I love mug cakes because you can have them in the middle of night with minimum effort. There are a few more reasons why you should make these ASAP:
- They are made in the microwave so no need to wait 30 minutes + for your cake to cook in the oven.
- This mug cake is incredibly moist.
- It only uses a mug and measuring spoon. So less dishes for you to do,
- This mug cake is highly customizable!
Ingredients for this easy peanut butter mug cake
To make this 5 minute microwave cake, here are the ingredients that you will need:
- Butter– I used salted butter.
- Peanut butter– Use your favorite peanut butter, I like to go with the skippy natural peanut butter.
- Egg yolk– Egg yolks are perfect for this recipe, because of the extra fat.
- Brown sugar– Brown sugar will keep your cake extra moist.
- Milk– Milk will also help maintain the softness of this cake.
- Flour– All-purpose flour is perfect for this mug cake.
- Baking powder– This will give our peanut butter cake a little extra height.
- Vanilla (optional)- Again, this is optional. I have made with and without and it worked just fine.
- Vanilla frosting (optional)- I was feeling a little fancy so I added vanilla frosting and crushed peanuts to mu finished PB mug cake
More peanut butter recipes you will love!
- Peanut butter cookie cups with a silky chocolate frosting
- Strawberry peanut butter chia seed pudding
- Peanut butter blondies with Reese’s hearts
- Small batch peanut butter cookies
How to make peanut butter mug cake
- Start by melting the butter in the mug, Add the peanut butter, and stir until combined. Add in the egg yolk, the brown sugar, and the milk and stir again.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and stir one last time until it’s completely smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. Top it with vanilla frosting and crushed peanuts or enjoy on it’s own.
How much does this recipe make?
This recipe makes one perfect serving. It doesn’t use those colossal mugs so know that your mug won’t be completely full if you use a big mug. So pretty much this will yield a small peanut butter mug cake that you can have any time!
I used a medium Ikea glass mug to make this peanut butter cake and it was just the right amount of cake for the perfect dessert or snack.
This 5 minute microwave mug cake recipe is also the perfect activity to do with children. You can add all the ingredients into their mug, let them stir and them bake it for 60 minutes and you have yourself a perfect little weekend fun!
What can I add to this peanut butter cake in a mug?
If you are feeling something a little different you could always add some of these to the batter to have an extra special mug cake!
- Regular or mini chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- a Lindt chocolate ball for a molten mug cake! To do this you will need to put the Lindt ball on top of the batter and microwave it. It will sink as it cooks and you will have the perfect little peanut butter lava cake.
You could also top your 5 minute cake with there to make it extra fancy:
- Any frosting you like
- Either chocolate or peanut butter drizzle
- A scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream
Tips for making a PB mug cake in the microwave
with these few tips, we will make sure that your mug cakes always turn out delicious 🙂
- The cooking time will vary because not every microwave is created equal. My microwave might be stronger or less powerful than the one you have so start with 60 seconds and add 10 second increments if it’s not done yet.
- If you decide to double or triple this recipe, you will need to microwave your mug cakes for more than 60 seconds. The heat will be distributed to however many mug cakes you are microwaving so just keep that in mind.
Moist and cakey peanut butter mug cake
If you enjoyed this keto pumpkin mousse make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
Peanut butter mug cake
- 1 & ½ tablespoon butter melted
- 1 & ½ tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 & ½ tablespoon milk
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 2 tablespoon flour
- ⅛ teaspoon baking powder
- vanilla frosting optional
- Start by melting the butter in the mug, Add the peanut butter, and stir until combined. Add in the egg yolk, the brown sugar, the milk, and the vanilla and stir again.
- Add the flour and the baking powder and stir one last time until it's completely smooth.
- Cook in the microwave on high for 60 seconds. Top it with vanilla frosting and crushed peanuts or enjoy on it's own.
- If you decide to make more than just one mug cake you will need to adjust your cooking time.
- This recipe is for a smaller mug, to hep you eat mindfully and not over eat 🙂
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
If you tried this awesome game day air fryer recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out. In the mean time don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
omg — to die for! yummmmm 🙂
Lifestyle of a Foodie
It sure is! I have been having it religiously!! I need to find something else so that I can swtich between the two haha!
These look so good, what a good idea when your craving something and need it quick! lol
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Absolutley! That’s my favorite part about this. Let me kno whow you like this peanut butter mug cake!