Single-serving oreo mug cake inspired by all those videos you have been seeing on Tiktok. It is made with Oreo cookies and the perfect ratio of milk, the best part is that you can add a little Lindt truffle right in the center to create a chocolate lava cake feel. Or don’t, it will work regardless.
For a long time a single-serving dessert or mug cake recipes were all I made because they are quick, convenient, and make enough for one to satisfy that craving, and then you’re done. They usually don’t require a lot of cooking time or microwaving time I should say and will be the one thing that will get you past that sweet tooth moment late at night.
So if you’re in that period in your life and are also craving a chocolate chip mug cookie, a delicious sugar cookie made in a mug or even a microwave mug brownie I got your back.
This is the best Oreo microwave mug cake recipe ever!
The difference in this recipe is that it is considered a 2-ingredient oreo mug cake. By combining only milk and Oreos, crushing them well and popping them in the microwave you’ll have a super chocolatey dessert in no time. Of course, an Oreo cookie is going to have more than just 2 ingredients in it but we’re not the ingredient count police so let’s not get too deep.
The cool thing too is that you can make it with different flavored Oreos or different milks if you can’t do dairy.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This is a super simple recipe.
- It is made in less than 5 minutes.
- You can tweak it to your liking.
- Make it fancy with a chocolate truffle in the center and top it with vanilla bean ice cream.
Ingredients for this delicious dessert
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Oreos– Use regular Oreos for this recipe.
- Milk– I went with whole milk
- Lindt Truffle– You can use whichever truffle flavor you like, you could also use chocolate chips in the center or even Nutella.
- Ice cream – I love adding a scoop of ice cream on top of my mug cakes because it makes them feel that much more luxurious for some reason. Plus that cold and warm contrast is HEAVEN!
How to make this super easy Oreo mug cake recipe
This is how you can make it. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a microwave-safe mug crush your Oreos using a fork. You can also crush them in a ziplock back using a rolling pin then transfer them to the mug.
- Pour the milk on top of the crushed Oreos and keep stirring until the batter is lump free.
- Add a chocolate truffle in the center and using a spoon coat the truffle with some of the chocolate oreo cake batter.
- Microwave at high power for 90 seconds.
- Top with ice cream and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to serve this mug cake?
You can have it as is especially if it has the chocolate truffle int he center, but you could also top it with vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, or even a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
What size mug should I use for this Oreo mug cake?
Make sure to use a mug that holds at least about 8oz of liquid, this way nothing overflows.
Can I add mix-ins to this Oreo mug cake?
Some of my favorite things to add to this mug cake are semi-sweet chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or peanut butter chips.
Can I make this sweet treat dairy free?
Yes! Oreos are naturally dairy free so just switch the milk you are using for almond milk or any non-dairy milk.
Why is my mug cake rubbery?
It means you probably overcooked it a little. so start cooking your mug cake for 60 seconds then add more if needed
Tiktok Oreo mug cake recipe
Molten Tiktok Oreo mug cake (3 minute dessert)
- 6 oreos
- 5 tablespoon milk
- 1 lindt truffle optional
- vanilla ice cream optional
- Place the Oreos in a mug that is large enough to hold 8oz of liquid.
- Using a fork, crush the Oreos as much as possible.
- Add in the milk and stir the mixture until the Oreos soften. Place the Lindt Truffle in the center.
- Bake in the microwave for 60-90 seconds. You want to make sure that the mixture looks solidified and not liquid. start with less and bake more if needed.
- Serve warm with a scoop of icecream and enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!