Oven-baked brioche french toast casserole to make all your breakfast and brunch dreams come true. It is made with brioche bread a homemade vanilla egg custard and is topped with thinly sliced almonds and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
You know what will always make for a perfect breakfast?! This brioche french toast casserole. It is simple enough yet elevated thanks to the brioche. I promise you everyone will ask for this over and over again!
Plus preparing this ahead of time will give you enough time to enjoy a fresh cup of coffee on weekend mornings that seem to feel so rushed nowadays. Just pop it in the oven, and relax while it bakes.
This is the perfect recipe for brioche french toast casserole.
The best part is that the richness of the brioche combined with the richness of the custard makes this french toast bake have hints of caramel or even creme brulee with every bite. It is a delicious breakfast that is perfect for all my caramel lovers too!
Why do you need to make this easy brioche french toast casserole?
- This recipe uses super simple ingredients.
- It is a great make-ahead breakfast prepare it the night before and bake it in the morning to have a fresh breakfast waiting for you on Sunday mornings.
- This recipe is perfect for crowds, no need to make each french toast slice individually.
- You’ll also love it for special occasions like Christmas morning, Valentine’s day, Easter morning, or even to celebrate mother’s day.
Ingredients for this oven-baked brioche french toast recipe
Here are the basic ingredients you will need to make this baked french toast casserole. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Whole milk & heavy cream – This mixture will make the most perfect custard mixture to soak your bread in,
- Vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar
- Brioche bread– A good buttery brioche bread takes this to the absolute next level. Slightly stale bread works best for this.
- Powdered sugar
- Berries- Use your favorite berries,
- Maple syrup
- Salt- A little pinch of salt will help balance out the sweetness of this french toast bake.
How to make this easy french toast bake?
This is how you can make Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full recipe!
- Butter a 3-quart dish and set aside.
- Slice the bread into cubes and place it into the prepared baking dish.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, heavy cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and cinnamon until combined.
- Pour over the sweet brioche bread and gently press down to soak.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow the pieces of bread to soak up the custard for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350F and bake in the oven.
- Pull out the overnight brioche french toast casserole from the oven, and allow it to cool for a few minutes before dusting with some powdered sugar
- Slice it into individual servings, top it with your favorite fruits, a drizzle of maple syrup, and enjoy.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this easy french toast casserole?
If you have any leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave for a few seconds or the oven for a few minutes and enjoy again.
What to serve with this brioche french toast casserole?
This french toast dish can be turned into a hearty breakfast by serving it with a side of eggs, bacon, or even sauteed spinach and mushrooms.
If you are looking for more topping ideas for french toast, you can go for caramelized bananas, whipped cream, honey, or even nut butter.
What if I don’t have time to soak this french toast casserole?
If you don’t have time to soak it overnight or for a few hours, all you have to do is mix the bread cubes in the custard before transferring them to the baking dish and bake immediately. If the top starts to brown too fast, top it with aluminum foil,
Overnight french toast casserole recipe
Brioche French Toast casserole
- Great a 3 quart baking dish (13/9inch pan) with butter.
- Slice the bread into cubes and evenly distribute it in the buttered pan.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs, milk, heavy cream, granulated sugar, vanilla extract, salt, and cinnamon. Pour this mixture evenly over the bread and gently press down to make sure every piece is soaked.
- Tightly cover with plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight to allow it to develop extra flavor.
- When ready to bake, remove the dish from the fridge, take off the plastic wrap, sprinkle the almonds on top if using, then preheat the oven to 350F before baking for 50-55 minutes or until golden brown. Check the casserole halfway through to see if the top is browning too quickly, if so cover it with aluminum foil and continue baking.
- Serve with powdered sugar, whipped cream, maple syrup, or french fruit.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!