This viral date bark is the ultimate lazy girl dessert. It pretty much is one of those peanut butter stuffed dates but is made into bark form to make the whole process that much easier. It is perfect for when that sweet craving hits and you want a treat that isn’t insanely processed but still tastes really good!
Since you love viral recipes check out this high protein Cottage Cheese Queso – Viral Tiktok recipe, Viral Upside Down Pastries Recipe, Viral chocolate strawberry yogurt clusters, as well as this viral Cottage Cheese Edible Cookie Dough
This is the best viral date chocolate bark recipe
Social media really did its thing with this. It pretty much has led to healthier versions of your favorite candies and this one right here is one of them! The viral TikTok’s description for this dessert is Snickers date bark as well because it it has a combination of chocolate, peanuts, nut butter, and a super sweet layer of dates. Plus with each bite from this crunchy bite, you’ll kind of feel like you’re having a Snickers bar.
Well, okay okay. Not really but it is similar in the sense of flavor profiles. It has a sweet layer, a nutty layer, and a crunchy chocolatey layer.
So since Snickers is a favorite candy bar of mine I had to recreate this and definitely loved it! It’s not processed candy but it is satisfying and delicious at the same time!
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- A healthier alternative to your favorite traditional candy bar.
- It has that natural sweetness to curb your cravings. for those days when you just need a little treat!
- This recipe can made in so many different ways with lots of variations! Play around with it and create your ultimate perfect snack!
Ingredients for this easy chocolate date bark
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this viral bark. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Sweet Medjool dates
- Creamy peanut butter – You could also use almond butter, cashew butter, or even sunflower seed butter in this sweet treat.
- Chopped peanuts – I used peanuts for that added layer of crunch but you can use nuts of your choice. Crunchy almonds, nutty pecans, or even toasted coconut pieces would be divine in this chocolate bark!
- Melted chocolate- I used dark chocolate for this recipe because I love the contrast of the super sweet dates and the dark chocolate. Feel free to use your favorite chocolate in this recipe like milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate
- Flaky sea salt
How to make this viral date crunch bark
This is how you can make date snickers with a healthier twist. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lay the pitted dates flat on the baking sheet.
- Gently flatten the dates with damp hands. I have seen people use the bottom of a cup but it didn’t work too well for me because it made a sticky mess.
- Spread peanut butter on the dates then top with the chopped-up peanuts.
- In a medium bowl melt your chocolate chips or chunks then pour that over the peanuts and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle sea salt on top
- Chill in the freezer until the chocolate is set then slice with a sharp knife or break it with your hands and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to store this date bark?
Store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.
Can I freeze this viral date bark?
Yes! This bark freezes so well and retains that amazing chewy texture even after being frozen. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Sometimes I love to enjoy it right out of the freezer because I like my food extra crunchy but if that’s not you, allow it to thaw for 1-2 minutes before enjoying it.
Viral date bark recipe
Viral date bark recipe
- 24 Medjool dates pitted
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- 8 ounces dark chocolate 70% cocoa or your preferred chocolate, chopped
- A pinch of sea salt optional, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Arrange the dates with the open side up in rows of 4 by 6. Press them down with damp hands or by placing a piece of parchment paper on top of them and pressing with the bottom of a glass.24 Medjool dates
- Spread the peanut butter on top to cover the dates, and sprinkle with the chopped peanuts.½ cup creamy peanut butter, ¼ cup roasted unsalted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl or using a double boiler, melt the dark chocolate. If using a microwave, heat in 20-second intervals, stirring after each interval until the chocolate is smooth and fully melted.8 ounces dark chocolate
- Drizzle the melted chocolate on top. Spread evenly to cover the peanuts and peanut butter. Sprinkle with sea salt and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.A pinch of sea salt
- Once the bark is firm and set, remove it from the refrigerator and break it into bite-sized pieces. You can do this by hand or use a knife to create more uniform pieces.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!