Crumbl Snickerdoodle cupcake cookies are a play on your traditional snickerdoodles. They combine a soft and chewy cinnamon sugar cookie base then top that with a luscious cream cheese frosting and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon sugar topping for the perfect finish.
Since you’re here, you need to try Tropical Chilled CRUMBL Coconut Lime Cookies, CRUMBL Chocolate Cake Cookies copycat recipe, CRUMBL Peaches and Cream Cookies, CRUMBL Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies as well as CRUMBL Cinnamon Swirl Cookies copycat recipe.
This week CRUMBL release their popular snickerdoodle cupcake cookie recipe and I couldn’t be happier! On Monday, I ran to grab one for us to share and I immediately got to developing this recipe. Since I already had the Chewy CRUMBL Churro Cookies Copycat Recipe, this task was actually super easy.
I tweaked the recipe a little bit to make a smaller batch and then topped that with a homemade cream cheese frosting and a generous sprinkle of cinnamon sugar because cinnamon sugar makes everything better!
This is the best snickerdoodle cupcake cookie recipe ever!
When I moved to America, I thought snickerdoodle cookies were only supposed to be enjoyed around the holidays or Christmas time. But I’m here to tell you I changed my mind. These cookies should be an all-year-round thing. They’re the ultimate comfort food and you need them in case you’re ever feeling a little down.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the ultimate snickerdoodle dessert.
- It tastes just like the CURMBL bakery cookie, mybe even better!
- It’s impressive yet simple to make.
- Perfect for all the cinnamon lovers.
- One bowl recipe, AKA less dishes recipe!
- Takes a Snickerdoodle cookies and a cupcakes and gets this beauty of a creation.
Ingredients for this Snickerdoodle cupcake cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You will need butter for both the cookies base as well as the cream cheese frosting.
- Granulated & brown sugar– this cookie recipe uses both brown and granulated sugar to give you the softest cookie ever.
- Egg– The egg is the binding agent of this cookie recipe.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will add a little subtle vanilla flavoring.
- Flour– You will need All purpose flour for this recipe.
- Baking soda & baking powder– The baking powder and baking soda will give some height to your cookie recipe.
- Cream of tartar– The creamf of tartar will give you that iconic snickerdoodle texture.
- Cinnamon– The cinnamon is one of the main flavor profiles of snickerdoodle cookies.
- Salt– The salt will help balance out the sweetness of this cookie recipe.
- Cream cheese– You will need full fat cream cheese to make the cream cheese frosting for this recipe.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar is used to make the cream cheese frosting as well.
How to make CRUMBL snickerdoodle cupcake cookies
This is how you can make these cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter brown sugar and granulated sugar together.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, corn starch, cream of tartat, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a cookie scooper, scoop out equally sized cookies dough balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture, place on a baking sheet, gently press to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Make the cream cheese frosting while the cookies are cooling by mixing the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth and creamy.
- Frost yout cookies, and sprinkle with the leftover cinnamon-sugar and serve.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What to use instead of cream of tartar in snickerdoodles?
If you don’t have the cream of tartar don’t be scared, you can still enjoy these giant snickerdoodle cookies.
Use lemon juice at a 1:2 ratio. So for every ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar, you’ll need to use ½ teaspoon lemon juice. Instead of adding it with the dry ingredients, you can add it with the vanilla and egg and mix everything together then continue with the recipe.
How to store snickerdoodle cupcake cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature.
If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container, and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy, frost them and enjoy!
Can I freeze CRUMBL snickerdoodle cupcake cookies?
Absolutely! I usually prefer freezing the cookies without frosting them in an airtight container. I also freeze the frosting in a separate air tight container. Whenever I’m ready to enjoy these cookies, I thaw both the frosting and the cookies in the fridge overnight.
Whip the frosting before piping it on the cookies and enjoying them.
Crumbl snickerdoodle cupcake cookies copcyat recipe
If you made these CRUMBL Snickerdoodle cupcake cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton.
CRUMBL Snickerdoodle Cupcake Cookies
Cinnamon sugar mixture
- 3 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Make the cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar together until light and creamy. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, and mix until smooth.
- Gently mix in the flour, corn starch, cream of tartar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, & salt until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop out equally sized cookie dough balls and top them with the cinnamon-sugar mixture, place on the baking sheet, and gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness. (Read make the cinnamon-sugar mixture below to see how to make it)
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 10 minutes then let the cookies sit on the baking sheet until fully cool.
Make the cinnamon sugar mixture
- Mix the 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar with the ½ teaspoon of cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough balls in this cinnamon sugar before baking. (save the rest of the cinnamon sugar for later)
Make the cream cheese frosting
- Cream the butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla together until smooth and creamy. If the frosting is too thin to pipe, add the extra ½ cup powdered sugar and mix again.
- Fill a piping bag or a ziplock bag with the cream cheese frosting and pipe the frosting all around to create a beautiful swirl design, sprinkle with the leftover cinnamon sugar, and enjoy.
How to store snickerdoodle cupcake cookies?You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Because they have cream cheese frosting it’s better not to leave them out at room temperature. If you do prefer to leave them out at room temperature though, you can leave them unfrosted in an airtight container and then whenever you’re ready to enjoy them frost them and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!