These Crumbl Hazelnut sea salt cookies are made with a soft and chewy sugar cookie base and topped with Nutella and flaky sea salt. It’s the best of both worlds for both vanilla and chocolate lovers!
Hazelnut sugar cookies or sugar cookies with Nutella and sea salt on top are literally one of those extra comforting desserts that you won’t be able to get enough of.
The base is made with a super soft, chewy, and buttery cookie base. You will truly feel like you’re eating a Crumbl sugar cookie to be completely honest with you.
These is the best hazelnut sugar cookies ever!
This recipe is so simple but it’s the ultimate comfort cookie if you ask me. Topping the softest and butteriest sugar cookie with Nutella and sea salt will hit all those dessert cravings that you might’ve had before coming to this post.
Just be aware that you might also end up eating half the jar of Nutella while you want for them to bake as I did. Don’t do it, but if you do, just enjoy every bit of it!
Why you need to make this!
- It’s the best soft and buttery sugar cookie topped with Nutella, I mean how can you say no.
- This recipe makes a smaller batch meaning you will be able to enjoy them when they’re the freshest without any stale leftovers.
- These are extremely easy yet look so impressive.
- With this recipe, you will be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookies any time of the year without having to wait around for them to come back in stores.
- This recipe will also allow you to enjoy your favorites without having to spend $5 a pop every time!
Ingredients for this Crumbl Hazelnut sugar cookies with Nutella
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Nutella sugar cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Granulated sugar & powdered sugar– This cookie uses a mixture of sugars to get the texture just right
- Egg– Make sure to use an egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla butter emulsion- This will give our cookies that Iconic buttery cookie flavor.
- Flour- AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Corn starch- The corn starch is here to keep our cookies extra tender and moist.
- Salt- Always use a little salt in your baked goods to help balance out the sweetness.
- Baking powder– This will give the cookies a little height.
- Nutella– Nutella… I mean need I say more?! The best thing ever. Feel free to use any other Hazelnut spread you particularly enjoy.
- Sea salt– For the sea salt, you want to use the super flakey crunchy salt to really get it to enhance the texture as well as the flavor.
How to make Crumbl hazelnut sea salt cookies
This is how you can make Crumbl hazelnut sea salt Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Mix in the egg and butter vanilla emulsion.
- Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Scoop the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, gently flatten it to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake.
- Top the cookies with Nutella and sea salt and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store Sugar cookies with Nutella on top?
These cookies can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. If you are storing them with Nutella on top, keep them on a flat surface, if not they can be stacked.
Can I freeze these sugar cookies with Nutella?
Yes! You can flash freeze these cookies on a flat surface think a baking sheet or plate, then place them in an airtight container with wax paper between each cookie. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to serve, place the cookies on a flat surface and thaw in the fridge overnight or on the countertop for a few hours.
Can I make mini Crumbl hazelnut sea salt cookies?
Absolutely! Instead of making 6 make 12 smaller cookies, and instead of baking them for 11 minutes bake them for 8 minutes instead. Continue with the recipe as you would for the larger ones. Use a little less Nutella on top of course.
Crumbl hazelnut sea salt
If you made these Crumbl Hazelnut sugar cookies with Nutella and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl hazelnut sea salt cookies – Sugar cookies with Nutella
Butter sugar cookies
Make the birthday cake cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the egg, cake batter extract, and vanilla extract and until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, salt until the flour mixture disappears. Don't overmix your dough. Then using a large cookie scooper scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them to about 1 inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11 minutes, then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
- Top each cookie with 1 tablespoon worth of Nutella or more, sprinkle with sea salt and enjoy!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!