This air fryer corn-on-the-cob recipe comes together in just 20 minutes. The perfect roasted corn recipe for when space on the BBQ is at a premium and you still want your juicy sweet corn fix.
Looking for more air fryer recipes? Try these Air fryer polenta chips, Air fried chicken breast, Air fried broccoli parmesan, Churros in the air fryer and the 5 minute air fryer donuts.
This easy recipe is one that is so perfect for the summer. Roll it out for any holiday gathering you are hosting, perfect for the 4th of July, Labor Day, or Memorial Day, it’s a deliciously fresh side that pairs perfectly with any BBQ’ed meats, grilled fish or even just compliments other side dishes.
This is the best corn on the cob recipe
This easy air fryer side really takes the flavor of the olive oil and infuses it into the corn to take it to the next level. The air fryer basket holds the corn in place removing all the moisture and steam as it cooks to give you delicious ears of corn that are even more delicious if you add a final layer of seasoning to them, before devouring them.
If you haven’t tried sweet corn in the air fryer before, now is your chance. I promise you, not only is it mess-free (hello no more BBQ cleaning) but it gives you ears of crispy corn that are packed full of flavor. Crispy on the outside, yet juicy on the inside.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- Ready in under 20 minutes.
- Far less messy than grilling corn on the BBQ.
- The perfect summer recipe.
- Easy to make.
- A wonderful way to make the most of the sweet corn season.
- Another way to put your air fryer to good use.
Ingredients for making this corn on the cob
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this delicious corn recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Ears of corn – you just want to husk them, wash and trim them to fit your air fryer.
- Olive oil – pick a good quality olive oil, ideally extra virgin so you can get the maximum flavor.
- Salt & pepper – to season the corn and bring out the flavor.
- Butter – add as much or as little as you’d like, this is your corn after all.
- Seasoning – you can of course just use salt and pepper, but for a next level recommendation I love Trader Joes Elote seasoning.
How to make
This is how you can make air fryer corn on the cob. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Brush the corn with olive oil and place in the air fryer basket.
- Cook flipping halfway through so it gets evenly fried.
- Brush with melted butter and seasoning.
- Enjoy whilst still warm.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
What temperature to air fry corn on the cob?
To get the best corn you want to have your air fryer at 425 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celcius. This will give you the sweetest crispiest corn.
Can you overcook corn on the cob?
Like any recipe, it is also possible to overcook corn. Given corn can be eaten raw it doesn’t need that long to cook. Give it a maximum of 15 minutes in the air fryer to avoid it drying out so you still get those sweet juicy kernels.
Is it possible to use frozen corn for this air fryer recipe?
If you want to try this recipe outside of corn season, it is possible to use frozen corn. Just allow the frozen cobs to defrost and then follow the recipe in the same way.
Air fryer corn on the cob recipe variations
The possibilities for seasoning and flavoring your corn are endless. If you find a particular combination you love please let me know, but some of my favorites are:
- Mexican style with fresh lime and cilantro.
- Parmesan butter.
- Lashings of mayonnaise.
- Sweet and spicy by mixing honey and cayenne pepper and adding it to the corn half way through cooking.
- Roasted garlic
What can I do with leftover corn?
You can either freshen it up in the oven the following day by preheating an oven to 325 degrees, wrapping the corn in foil with a little butter and a teaspoon of water. You’ll then want to warm it through for about 5 minutes before enjoying it.
Or why not remove the kernels from the core and make a roasted corn salad with the leftovers. Try my Roasted corn salad with avocado which combines green onion, tomatoes, avocado, and cilantro into a delicious summertime salad.
You could even try making corn fritters as a delicious brunch dish, topped with sour cream and fresh lime salsa.
For a more comforting dish, you can try blending it down with some cream and butter to get a comforting side dish of creamed corn.
Air fryer corn on the cob
If you made this easy corn on the cob recipe in the air fryer and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Easy Air fryer corn on the cob
- 4 ears of corn husked, washed, and trimmed to fit your air fryer
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Butter to taste
- trader Joe's elote seasoning Can be used instead of the salt and pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400F for 3-5 minutes.
- Lightly brush the corn with the olive oil and then place in the air fryer basket. Cook for 9 minutes before flipping the corn and cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Once the corns are done, brush them with melted butter, sprinkle some salt and pepper, and enjoy warm.
- I usually like to season my roasted corn on the cob with the Trader Joe's seasoning, it makes it taste even better!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Leave a Comment