These 5-minute air fryer donuts are the perfect treats for twhen those pesky donut cravings hit! This air fryer donut is both super easy to make and super satisfying!
Hi everyone 🙂 !
Today I am super excited to share my awesome air fryer biscuit donuts!
I have always loved donuts so much, but they make me feel like absolute crap 5 minutes after having them. So I rarely have them at this point… But when my sister gave the Ninja air fryer as a Christmas present, my eyes lit up!
I knew I could make donuts in the air fryer and not feel like absolute crap because of all the extra oil. So the first things I tried to make using my air fryer were these delicious air fryer donuts. They were delicious right out of the air fryer and din’t take long at all!
What is so special about these 5-minute air fryer donuts?
Well… I guess these air fryer donuts containe a well hidden secret!
They are made out of canned biscuits… Can you believe that from the photo above?!
They also only require 10 minutes or less to make the whole 8 biscuits. Even less time if you are only making 4 of them. Top them with the super delicious chocolate glaze and you have yourself an awesome breakfast or snack anytime.
Are baked donuts healthy?
This is a relative question. The word “healthy” can mean so many different things to so many different people.
Yes, it is healthier than your regular donut shop or store bought donut because it is not deep fried. So there is no extra added oil from frying.
But… yes there is a but, these donuts are made with Pillsbury canned biscuits, which are not healthy in my opinion. It contains a good amount of ingredients that I can’t even pronounce and that usually is a tale tale sigh of how processed something is.
I am not saying don’t make these or don’t have any, but definitely enjoy them in moderation. I usually have one donut and one donut hole when I air fry these biscuit donuts!
More quick recipes you will love!
Tools needed for the 5-minute air fryer donuts
- Air fryer– I used the Ninja Air Fryer and it does wonders! I highly recommend it. It is affordable and has multiple settings, so whether you need to air fry, reheat, roast or dehydrate this one is for you!
- Circle cookie cutter– I used this Wilton brand one. You could also use a small cap of a bottle or anything small and circular!
Ingredients to make quick air fryer donuts
- A can of jumbo buttery flaky biscuits- I used the pillsbury brand
- Semi sweet chocolate chips- as the base of the chocolate ganache. Make sure to use good quality chocolate here!
- Heavy cream- This is the second ingredient used in making the super easy chocolate ganache.
- Sprinkle! I used beautiful golden stars to make these even more appetizing.
How to make air fryer donuts ?
Star by breaking the biscuit can open , then place each biscuit on a parchment lined baking sheet.
Using your small round cookie cutter, cut holes in the middle of each biscuit.
At this point you could grease the air fryer basket (not with cooking spray) use real oil! I personally did not do this and my donuts did not stick.
Place 4 donuts in the air fryer basket, making sure they are not touching and bake for 5 minutes at 350F. The air fryer doesn’t need any preheating for this recipe, just make sure to flip your air fryer donuts halfway through so they get golden brown on both sides.
Can I make air fryer donut holes too?
You definitely should make air fryer donut holes when making these donuts ! I found that leaving the biscuit dough for a next time use after oppening the biscuit can is not the best idea. It gets flat and doesn’t taste as fresh.
So when you poke the holes in the middle of the biscuits, use them and make air fryer donut holes!
How to make chocolate ganache glaze?
While the donuts are baking in the air fryer, make the chocolate ganache donut glaze.
Start by putting both the chocolate chips and the heavy cream in a small bowl. Microwave in 30 second increments, making sure to whisk in between.
Melting the chocolate should take about 1 minute.
Whisk it continuously until the cream and the chocolate are well incorporated.
It’s dipping time!
Dip the air fryer biscuit donuts in the chocolate ganache glaze as soon as they come out of the air fryer.
Place the glazed donuts back in the parchment lined baking sheet and top with sprinkle! Enjoy right away, since they tend to get stale after a couple of hours.
Are these air fryer biscuit donuts going to taste just like your favorite donut shop donut?
Unfortunately not… They do come together in less than 10 minutes if youa re making the full 8 donuts though, so that’s a plus.
Sometimes you just don’t wanna leave the house and go wait in line to get that oh so special donut. During those days, this quick biscuit donut in the air fryer will save your life and help tame that craving.
So make these and enjoy them right away, while still keeping in mind that they don’t taste exactly like a real donut!
Tips to make the best air fryer donuts!
- Since these donuts do taste like a biscuit still, make sure to use a really good quality chocolate for the glaze. The chocolate ganache glaze will help hide the biscuit flavor a little.
- If you choose to coat your air fryer basket with oil, do not use cooking spray! It will ultimately ruin the non stick coating of the air fryer basket. Instead, use any other oil and brush it on there.
- Use cute little sprinkles to take your air fryer donuts from blaahhh to WOW! I used these beautiful golden stars from wilton!
- Get creative! The chocolate ganache glaze is one option. You could also make regular glaze, dip them in cinnamon sugar and much more!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
5-minute air fryer donut recipe
5 minute air fryer donuts
- Air fryer
- Small circle cookie cutter
- 1 can flaky large biscuits
For the chocolate ganache glaze
- ⅔ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup cream
- Start by removing the biscuits from the can, separate them, and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using a 1-inch circle cookie cutter, cut holes out of the center of each biscuits.
- Place the 4 donuts in the air fryer in a single layer. close the air fryer and cook the donuts at 350F for 5 . minutes, making sure to flip them halfway through.
Making the chocolate ganache glaze
- While the donuts are baking, place the chocolate chips and heavy cream in a small bowl. Microwave the mixture for 30 seconds and stir, if the chocolate is not melted yet, microwave the mixture for 30 more seconds. Stir and set aside.
Dip the donuts in the glaze.
- When the donuts are ready, dip them in the chocolate ganache and place them back on the parchment lined baking sheet. Top them with sprinkles or the beautiful golden wilton stars and enjoy right away!
As always, thank you so much for reading this whole article. Make sure to let me know how you liked everything in the comments below!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
Ever try cooking w/o hole & squeeze jelly inside after cooked?
Lifestyle of a Foodie
I have not tried that yet, I will try it next time I have a can of biscuits at home.
If you do give it a try, please us know how it worked out!
Plan to try 1st of the week & will advise.
Lifestyle of a Foodie
How did your donuts turn out Sherry!?
Oh my gosh! These look so good! I love my air fryer and will definitely try these!
Lifestyle of a Foodie
Right! Air fryers are literally the best 🙂
I can’t wait for you to try it! Let me know how yours turn out!!
The first time making donuts myself! It’s a really easy and fast recipe, there’s not much that can go wrong! Amazing 😍