When it comes to chocolate dipped strawberries, this is my go to recipe. I love making it for family and friends on valentine’s day or any time of the year really!
Hi everyone! I was feeling very much in love with my boyfriend lately so instead of going to the store I decided to make him homemade chocolate covered strawberries. This allowed me to be more creative and most importantly show how much I love him by putting in that little extra effort!
EASY CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
MAKING CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES
Ingredients for dipped strawberries
The only necessary ingredients for making chocolate covered strawberries are:
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- coconut oil
If you’re feeling artistic or wanting to add an extra layer of flavor or color to your strawberries I suggest adding these:
- toasted shredded coconut
- chocolate shavings or chocolate curls, check out these pink chocolate curls and dark chocolate chocolate curls
- sprinkles (which is what I did)
- chopped nuts
- graham cracker crumbles
I shared some affiliate links of my favorite decorating products!
More valentine’s day recipe you will love!
- Chocolate avocado mousse for two
- The best 18 valentine’s day cookie recipes
- Healthy no bake valentine’s day cookies
Tools needed for this chocolate-dipped strawberry recipe
To make these easy chocolate covered strawberries, your tools will include:
- paper towel, napkin, or dry cloth
- baking sheet (for ease of movement)
- parchment paper or silicone mat
- 2 small bowls
- measuring spoons
What kind of chocolate to use?
High quality chocolate or chocolate chips. Since chocolate is the key ingredient here, I suggest buying a high quality brand so that your end product comes out as good as it should be and not stunted by a bad ingredient.
How to melt the chocolate for chocolate dipped strawberries recipe?
There are two techniques for melting the chocolate, the microwave or double boil on the stove.
How to melt chocolate in the microwave
I wanted to save time and be efficient with this so I used the microwave to melt my chocolate. Just make sure you stay within 30 second intervals and stir in between and the desired texture will be achieved.
How to melt chocolate on the stove
If you would prefer not to use a microwave, you can use a double boiler technique. Place the chocolate in a heat-safe bowl and place it on top of a pot of boiling water. Stir the chocolate around the bowl to ensure proper distribution of heat until fully melted
Can chocolate covered strawberries be made ahead of time?
This sweet little treat can be made up to ONE day ahead of time. I say one day because usually we go for pretty ripe strawberries when making these chocolate dipped strawberries, so leaving the strawberries in the fridge for longer than a day might make them too ripe and gross …
Tips for the perfect chocolate dipped strawberries
This chocolate dipped strawberries recipe is so so simple, but there are a few things that you have to do well to get the perfect little treats!
- Make sure the strawberries are as dry as can be! Chocolate and water do not work well at all! In fact, chocolate will curdle if you add any water to it! So after, washing the strawberries, take a paper towel and dry each one individually. Make sure to dry the leaves as well to avoid it from getting into the chocolate.
- Don’t cut off the leaves! Leave those intact, they will allow you to dip the strawberries a little more easily.
How to store chocolate covered strawberries?
Leave them on the lined baking sheet and envelope with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator.
Can chocolate covered strawberries be frozen?
If you’ve ever froze your own strawberries or purchased some from the store, then you know that the second you thaw them out, they will be a mushy mess. They release all of their water in the chocolate, which makes for a terrible presentation and not so good bite.
For those who like to live life on the edge, and bite down on these while frozen, you can go ahead… but I do not recommend it at all! The strawberries will be rock hard, and won’t taste as good!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate Dipped Strawberries recipe
- First, start by washing and drying the strawberries. Make sure that they are completely dry here. Chocolate and water don't work well together so this step is definitely mandatory! Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat and set your strawberries on there.
- Then place the semi sweet chocolate chips and the white chocolate chips in two separate small bowls. Add 3 teaspoons of coconut oil to the semi sweet chocolate chips and add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil to the white chocolate chips.
- Microwave each small bowl of chocolate chips in 30 second increments, making sure to stir each time in between. This should take roughly 2 minutes.
- Once both chocolates are melted, you can start dipping! Dip the strawberries one at a time into the melted chocolate, coating them to 3/4 of the way up. Pull the strawberry out and shake it a little to get rid of any excess.
- Place the chocolate covered strawberry back on the prepared baking sheet and top with sprinkles (or anything that you want really!)
- Don't move or touch the berries once they are on the baking sheet though. We want a flawless finish, and to achieve that you have to let your chocolate harden completely.
- Once you are done decorating all the strawberries, place the baking sheet in the fridge for about 30 minute to allow the chocolate to harden. You can now serve the strawberries or place them in a cute little box to give as a gift!
If you have made it all the way down here, I would like to thank you from the bottom of my heart! It means so much to me that you chose my recipe over all the other ones out there. If you could leave a comment down below telling me how yours turned out or what other recipe you’d like to see next, i would greatly appreciate it!
Have a great baking and chocolate dipping sesh.
Shop this recipe!
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!