A nutritious Strawberry peanut butter chia seed pudding for breakfast doesn’t sound too shabby does it!? This healthy vegan breakfast option is healthy and satisfying while looking totally cute!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I hope you’re doing good, I also hope you’ve been taking this time to cook a whole bunch!
Yesterday, I made an awesome focaccia bread topped with sun dried tomatoes and mushrooms. The recipe still needs a little tweaking but the second I get it right, you will have it on here!
Today We baked pretzels. Sure we used a box mix, but still! It was a fun little project for the day.
With all these crazy fun baking projects we’ve been working on lately, my body has beed craving something healthy and that’s why I made this vegan chia seed cup with strawberries and PB for breakfast.
This vegan breakfast/treat is loaded with omega-3s, antioxidants, iron, calcium, fiber and even protein! It’s pretty much a magic seed… Except it doesn’t grow that tall and lead you to a golden egg! (that was my jack and the beanstalk reference of the day haha)
What’s so special about this strawberry chia pudding?
Chia seed puddings are very easy to make. This specific recipe make a vegan chia pudding, so it fits the diet of those who are vegan. I love making this for breakfast because it involves very little hands on. All you need to do is mix chia seeds, milk and sweetener together. Let it set in the fridge and you got yourself a perfectly healthy vegan breakfast or snack.
Now the decoration could be looked at a bit differently. If you are like me and love to make food look pretty this is gonna be a fun and enjoyable experience. If not, you can always just throw a whole bunch of things together and call it a day! At the end of the day, if you are not making this for someone else or sharing it on instagram, it doesn’t have to be the prettiest.
The last thing that I can’t get enough of with this almond milk chia pudding is that it makes eating healthy easier!
What ingredients do I need for this easy breakfast chia seed pudding?
I have linked some of the ingredients I used in this recipe to make it easier for you guys!
More recipes you will love!
- Berry chia seed parfaits
- Healthy strawberry and cream oatmeal for two
- overnight strawberry and cream oats
- no sugar added breakfast oatmeal
How long do you leave chia seeds in water or milk?
Chia seeds are so cool to me. They will suck up any liquid you put them in and they will turn into these soft and chewy little seeds. The textural element is incredible, you get hundreds of little balls in the
How long do chia puddings last in the fridge?
Chia seed puddings stays fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days. This makes it the perfect breakfast or meal prep option for the week. You can prepare it on Sunday and have it every morning before work or school!
How to make chia seed pudding?
1. First start by adding the chia seeds to a small bowl, pour in the almond milk and the sweetener or choice and mix until fully combined.
2. Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then stir the chia seeds pudding again. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and let the pudding sit in the fridge overnight. If you don’t have that much time, make sure to let you chia seed pudding rest for at least 20 minutes.
3. Once you are ready to enjoy your strawberry chia seed pudding, pull it out of the fridge. Slice the strawberries thinly if you want to decorate your serving cup like I did in the photos.
4. Gently press the sliced strawberries against the inside of the serving cup, add one tablespoon of melted peanut butter at the bottom of each cup.
5. Add half the chia seed mixture in each cup.
6. Top with sliced strawberries, a drizzle of melted peanut butter and extra chia seeds for looks.
Dietary variations for chia pudding with almond milk
This recipe is very easily adaptable to any diet needs. Here are some things you can change to make it fit your diet:
- Replace the peanut butter with any other nut butter or seed butter if you have a nut allergy.
- If you are vegan and have nut allergy you could always go with soy milk.
- If you are not vegan you could use dairy milk to up the protein of this healthy breakfast cup.
- If you are not vegan and don’t have any maple syrup you could use honey. You could also use monk fruit maple syrup to make a low carb or keto strawberry chia seed cup
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Strawberry peanut butter chia pudding
strawberry peanut butter chia seed pudding
- First start by adding the chia seeds to a small bowl, pour in the almond milk and the sweetener or choice and mix until fully combined.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes, and then stir the chia seeds pudding again. Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and let the pudding sit in the fridge overnight. If you don't have that much time, make sure to let you chia seed pudding rest for at least 20 minutes.
- Once you are ready to enjoy your strawberry chia seed pudding, pull it out of the fridge. Slice the strawberries thinly if you want to decorate your serving cup like I did in the photos.
- Gently press the sliced strawberries against the inside of the serving cup, add one tablespoon of melted peanut butter at the bottom of each cup. Add half the chia seed pudding mixture in each cup and top with sliced strawberries, a drizzle of melted peanut butter and extra chia seeds for looks.
Thank you so much for reading all the way down to here! I hope you enjoyed this vegan breakfast recipe, stay tuned for the next couple healthy vegan recipes I have planned for you.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!