Hot summer months call for this No Churn Dulce de Leche Vanilla Bean Ice cream. A delicious blend of creamy vanilla bean ice cream with rich swirls of dulce de leche caramel makes this the perfect dessert to cool off!
Living in an apartment, I always thought I couldn’t make ice cream because I don’t have room for those huge bulky ice cream maker. So if you are like me, I have THE best no-churn ice cream recipe for you!
I always wanted to make homemade ice cream because obviously I love ice cream and there also is so much room for creativity when it comes to this delicious frozen treat!
So continue reading so that next time your ice cream cravings hit, you will be able to get creative as well.
What is it made out of?
I have seen multiple no churn ice cream recipes online but most of them seemed too sweet for my likings… So I of course took matters into my own hands and made something a little less sweet (but still delicious!!)
By using less than the recommended amount of dulce de leche I was able to control the sweetness of this recipe perfectly. On the other hand, the dulce de leche swirls definitely add the necessary sweetness to this no churn homemade ice cream.
How about this Dulce de leche you talk about?
I’m sure you remember that I already posted an awesome recipe using dulce de leche, Dulce de Leche Stuffed Snickerdoodle Cookie. This was a very popular recipe on the blog at the moment so definitely check it out if you love cookies as much as I do!
Before I posted that recipe though, I shared a recipe to make an Easy Pressure Cooker Dulce de Leche Recipe. Make sure to read this recipe if you need to make dulce de leche for this no-churn vanilla bean dulce de leche ice cream!
Step by step
Enjoy your super easy homemade no churn ice cream and thank me later!
Vanilla Bean Dulce de Leche no Churn Ice Cream
No churn vanilla bean dulce de leche icecream
- Kitchen aid / stand mixer
- Stand mixer bowl and whisk, chilled
- 9X5X3-inch metal loaf pan, chilled
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream Really cold
- 1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
- 1 thick vanilla bean
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup Dulce de Leche
- First, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, scraped vanilla beans, and salt; then set aside.
- In your chilled mixing bowl, whip the cream on medium-high until firm peaks form, this will take about 3 - 4 minutes.
- Fold about a cup of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk vanilla mixture with a spatula until combines then fold that mixture back into the whipped cream until blended.
- Pour half of that mixture into the chilled metal loaf pan, then add some of the dulce de leche in there. Then cover with the rest of the whipped cream mixture, and add some more dulce de leche on top.
- Using a wooden or metal skewer, swirl the dulce de leche in the ice cream to make sure it is evenly distributed.
- Cover the metal loaf with saran wrap and freeze for 4 to 5 hours. This will ensure that it is solid and scoopable! When ready to serve this ice cream top with some extra dulce de leche drizzles.
- Swirling the dulce de leche around give this ice cream such a cute look!
When I made this recipe I wanted to add a little extra dulce de leche caramel on top, because… Well who doesn’t love extra caramel on top of their ice cream! But it also does look beautiful and gives that perfect contrast between the white vanilla bean ice cream and golden dulce de leche!