We always hear about the peanut butter cups but never about the peanut butter and jelly swirl cups!
Well, I am here to bring you that one special recipe, that’s both different and satisfying.
I’ve had the pleasure of getting a shipment of the new Fokkennuts peanut butter and I can definitely say that they are so so tasty! They contain minimal ingredients which I absolutely love and they also use NON-GMO peanuts.
Anyways, after receiving all 5 five flavors from Brandan I decided to start by using the plain flavors to bring you this special peanut butter and jelly swirl cup recipe!
What makes these healthy?
Well, I usually like to argue that anything you make at home is “healthy”… By that, I mean that you know what is in it and can control everything that you add into your recipe.
In this case, I think that these are healthy because, first of all, we are using a peanut butter that is pure. It doesn’t contain any additives. Many kinds of peanut butter these days claim to be healthy while still using hydrogenated oils, sugar, corn syrups, etc … So make sure to read your labels before purchasing anything!
We Also use homemade Strawberry jam, this has no white sugar added to it!
Next is the coconut oil, in this recipe, I am using unrefined coconut oil because it is the one that is least manipulated and processed.
Ingredients for this peanut butter and jelly swirl cups:
This recipe does not require much at all, it is made using:
- Peanut butter… Duh!
- Coconut oil
- Jam or jelly or preserve
- some raw honey or agave or maple syrup, this can definitely be omitted if you are trying to cut on your sugar intake!
- Sea Salt
I try to aim for a more natural and unsweetened peanut butter, this allows me to have a blank canvas to work with and add as much or as little sugar to the mix as I want.
Jam, Jelly and preserve:
I sure hope that I was not the only one that was confused about these terms, yes they can be used interchangeably but they also all have different meanings.
Jelly – The fruit in this option comes in the form of juice. The result of this one will give us the smoothest consistency with a usually clear finished product.
Jam – The fruit in this option comes in the form of fruit pulp or crushed fruit. The result will be less stiff than jelly
Preserve – The fruit in this option comes in the form of chunks in a gel or syrup. Preserves tend to have more fruit in them than the jam does, an example of the preserve in marmalade. Marmalade is a type of preserve that contains citrus fruit in it.
For this recipe, I used my homemade strawberry jam I didn’t add the chia seeds in this time but it still came out super tasty! You could also go with store bought fruit jam just pick something that is organic and contains less sugar than your regular jams out there.
How long will these peanut butter and jelly cups last:
I have to warn you first, these won’t last. They are so tasty that they just won’t make it past a couple of days! But just in case you do have the self control that I don’t usually have, they last up to 3 months when stored in an airtight container in the freezer!
I like to store these in the freezer and have one when that extreme sweet tooth hits! It usually tends to satisfy it right away 🙂
Healthy Peanut Butter & Jelly Swirl cups
- 1/4 cup smooth nuts peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crunchy nuts peanut butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp unrefined coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp strawberry jam
- Start by combining the peanut butters, the honey, the coconut oil, and the pinch of salt in a small mixing bowl and stir well. If the peanut butter is too stiff, microwave it for 15 seconds.
- Place your liners in a mini cupcake tin and fill in your peanut butter mixture, add 1/4 teaspoon of the strawberry jam on top of each peanut butter cup. Swirl the jam into the peanut butter using a toothpick or a sharp knife. Place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes or until the peanut butter has hardened
- Store the peanut butter and jelly cups in an airtight container in the freezer.
If you tried this tasty healthy peanut butter and jelly cup recipe, make sure to let me know how you liked it in the comments down bellow!
Products that I love
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase
Some recipes that might interest you:
- Healthy homemade strawberry chia jam (no sugar added)
- Healthy Strawberry and Cream Oatmeal Recipe for two
- Berry Chia Seed parfait