Noodles with peanut sauce for dinner anyone? These super easy PB noodles are a healthy weeknight dinner option to make for your family. Serve it as is or add a veggie or meat side for a more filling dinner option! Be careful, it’s totally addicting.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you will also like Quick and easy Tuna pasta salad, Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (pasta with garlic and oil), or even this Healthier Air fryer chicken tenders!
I’ve been on a pasta roll lately! It’s bringing me so much comfort and that’s all I need at the moment.
I’ve been getting super creative with my pasta dishes, so if you missed last week’s Spaghetti Aglio e Olio (pasta with garlic and oil) make sure to go back and check it out and don’t forget this amazing vegetarian Pesto avocado pasta sauce (it’s super healthy too!)
Today, I wanted to share with you a quick dinner recipe to make when you’re short on time but still want something extra special and extra delicious!
Welcome our new obsession… This noodles with peanut sauce recipe is the best!
I like to think that this is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner recipe that you can make for your family. I often like to add a side of roasted or air fried vegetable and some of my Baked Cinnamon Shrimp Skewers. This makes for a complete and balanced meal that everyone loved.
Hear me out, you need to make this recipe ASAP because it is life-changing! I’m always for any recipe that can be made in under 30 minutes because, well, life gets really busy at times and this makes it a little better.
The best part is that this Asian inspired noodle recipe will be ready faster than it would take you to call the Chinese delivery guys! Sure it will require a little bit of work and effort but you will know exactly what is in your food. Which makes this pasta recipe a little healthier. For a more authentic Thai recipe check out Hot Thai Kitchen!
What makes these 15 minute noodles so special?
Here are all the reasons why you need to make this thai inspired peanut butter noodle recipe:
- It’s a 15 minute dinner recipe! Need I say more?
- Add anything to it to make it a complete and balanced meal. I like to go with roasted veggies and a side of protein like tofu, shrimp or chicken.
- This is a kid favorite as well. It is perfect for even the pickiest of eaters.
- Can be used as an on the go meal prep option.
- It is a great vegan and gluten free recipe option.
Skip the takeout noodles and make these noodles with peanut sauce yourself at home to make sure that all the ingredients that you’re using are ingredients you want to be consuming!
Ingredients for peanut butter sauce and noodles
To make your peanut butter noodles you will need the following ingredients:
- Peanut butter- This is the star of this dish. I use smooth peanut butter for a smooth sauce.
- Soy sauce– Soy sauce will add the much seeded saltiness to this dish. I always use low sodium soy sauce.
- Sesame oil– Sesame oil will give a beautiful nuttiness to the peanut sauce.
- Seasoned rice vinegar– The seasoned rice vinegar gives the peanut buter sauce its umami flavor.
- Sriracha– A little spice never hurt no body!
- Noodles– I used flat rice noodle. Use whichever noodles you’d like just make sure to cook them according to the package’s directions.
- Olive oil-You will need just. a little oil to cook the garlic and red pepper flakes in.
- Garlic– You will need to mince a few garlic cloves to add more flavor to the noodles.
- Red pepper flakes– This will add a little more of a kick to your noodles. if you don’t want your noodles to be spicy, I would skip this. If you want your noodles to be a little extra spicy add ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Green onions– This is a great garnish. It adds both color and fresh flavor.
- Crushed peanuts– These add a little crunch to the dish.
- Sesame seeds– Sesame seeds are always a must when making peanut butter pasta sauce.
Here are a few substitutions you can make to this recipe to use up whatever pantry staples you have!
- Rice noodles- Rice noodles are amazing, but you can’t go wrong with spaghetti or even ramen noodles. Use any pasta that you have and enjoy this easy dinner recipe anytime.
- Peanut butter– If you don’t love peanut butter, you can always go with almond butter. It will taste a bit different but you will get the same great filling dinner with maybe a little more nutritious value to it!
- Seasoned rice vinegar– If you don’t have seasoned rice vinegar you can always use regular rice vinegar and add 1tsp honey or maple to sweeten it.
How to make peanut butter noodle sauce?
To make the peanut butter sauce add the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, sriracha, and water to a medium bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds then whisk until completely smooth. Set aside.
How to make the peanut butter noodles?
First, start by cooking your rice noodles according to the package instructions. I soaked my noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 8 minutes.
In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1 minute then reduce the heat to medium low. Add the drained rice noodles to the pan, and top it with the peanut butter sauce and the ½ cup water.
Continuously stir the noodles until they absorb most of the water. Remove from the heat, garnish with the crushed peanuts and the green onions, and serve.
How to store peanut noodles?
If you need to store these noodles, place them in an airtight container and put them in the fridge. They will last up to 5 days like that.
I would avoid topping the pasta with the crunchy peanut before storing it because they will love that crunch. Save a little for whenever you’re ready to enjoy them.
Whenever you’re ready to eat these noodles, just pop them in the microwave for 60 seconds, top with the crushed peanuts, and enjoy!
Easy noodles with peanut sauce recipe in 15 minutes!
If you tried this recipe make sure to give it a 5 star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description
Your New Favorite Peanut Butter Noodles
For the sauce
- First, start by cooking your rice noodles according to the package instructions. I soaked my noodles in a bowl of boiling water for 8 minutes.
- Now, in a medium bowl add the peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil, seasoned rice vinegar, sriracha, and water. Microwave for 30 seconds then whisk until completely smooth. Set aside.
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add in the garlic and the red pepper flakes. Cook for about 1 minute then reduce the heat to medium low. Add the drained rice noodles to the pan, and top it with the peanut butter sauce and the ½ cup water.
- Continuously stir the noodles until they absorb most of the water. Remove from the heat, garnish with the crushed peanuts, the green onions, and the sesame seeds and serve.
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here.
If you tried this awesome game day air fryer recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out. In the mean time don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!