A no churn cookies and cream ice cream that will have you OBSESSED! This no churn Oreo ice cream is made with simple ingredients like heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, and chopped-up Oreo cookies for one of the most amazing at-home frozen desserts that don’t even require an ice cream maker.
This is the best no churn oreo ice cream recipe EVER!
There is nothing better than homemade Oreo ice cream on a hot summer day. This specific one is creamy, it is packed with Oreo pieces and doesn’t require any special equipment to make it happen plus if you start making it now, in six hours you’ll be enjoying the most delicious treat EVER!
This ice cream is made with a creamy vanilla base that is studded with as much or as little Oreo cookie crumbs as you like. If you want to take it to the next level you can also mix in some chocolate chips because why not! The more the better.
The only thing that you will probably agree with me on is that the hardest part is waiting for this decadent ice cream to set in the freezer!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This is a crowd-favorite ice cream flavor.
- You can make this creamy vanilla ice cream with Oreos with a high-speed hand mixer, electric mixer, stand mixer, or by hand!
- No ice cream machine is required!
- This no-churn recipe is a great base for other ice cream recipes as well.
- No egg yolks are required to make this ice cream!
- It is a great recipe for the whole family especially any Oreo lover in the house on those hot summer days.
Ingredients for this creamy homemade vanilla ice cream with Oreo pieces
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this perfect dessert. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Heavy whipping cream- We will be using the whipped cream as the base for our ice cream.
- Pure vanilla extract
- Sweetened condensed milk- Having the sweetened condensed milk at room temperature will make it easier to fold into the heavy whipping cream
- Oreos– You can use regular Oreos, double-stuff Oreos, or even golden Oreos for this recipe. Just chop them into smaller pieces and fold them into the ice cream mixture. You can either chop the Oreo cookies, place them in a ziplock bag and crush them with a rolling pin, or pulse them in a food processor a few times.
How to make no-churn cookies and cream ice cream?
This is how you can make Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a large chilled mixing bowl whip the heavy cream and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk until well combined.
- Mix in the Oreo chunks or crushed Oreo cookies in there and transfer to a loaf pan or a loaf bread pan.
- Add a few more Oreo pieces on top of the ice cream.
- Wrap with plastic wrap and freeze for 6 hours.
- Once you are ready to serve, allow the ice cream to sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften a bit, then scoop and serve.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftover no churn cookies and cream ice cream?
You can store your leftover homemade ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just keep it covered tightly to keep it from getting that freezer-burn flavor.
How to serve this Oreo no churn ice cream?
There are so many ways to serve this delicious ice cream. My favorite way to serve it is to scoop a few scoops directly onto waffle cones and enjoy it that way. But you can also
- Scoop the ice cream onto a serving glass and enjoy as it or topped with extra Oreo pieces or chocolate fudge sauce.
- Use it inside of chocolate chip cookies to make the best ice cream sandwich cookies EVER!
- Make a milkshake with it for the perfect Oreo lovers’ milkshake treat!
How does a no churn ice cream freeze?
This ice cream definitely does not freeze the way a more traditional churned ice cream freezes. All you have to do is pop it in the freezers and the whipped cream helps give it that super creamy texture we all love when it comes to ice cream.
Are no churn ice cream recipes smooth?
They definitely are! I get that you can be skeptical especially if you are more used to making traditional ice cream but this easy dessert will yield something just as delicious!
No churn Oreo ice cream- Aka the best easy ice cream recipe
No churn cookies and cream ice cream
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Start on medium speed and slowly increase it, this will take a few minutes.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and gently fold everything together.
- Fold in the chopped Oreos until incorporated then pour the ice cream into a loaf pan or a container of choice. Cover with plastic and freeze for 6 hours.
- Once ready to serve let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before scooping and enjoying it!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!