This no churn coffee ice cream is one of the easiest homemade ice cream recipes you’ll ever make! With only a handful of simple ingredients, It starts with whipped cream and vanilla extract then we add our sweetened condensed milk and instant coffee to satisfy all the coffee lovers in our life.
Since you are here, make sure to check out these other no-churn ice cream recipes like this no churn Oreo ice cream, Ninja creami chocolate ice cream, as well as this no-churn chocolate brownie ice cream recipe.
This is the best no churn coffee ice cream.
Raise your hand if you are a coffee lover too! Now raise your hand if you’re obsessed with anything that tastes like coffee!?
When it comes to this ice cream, I tried to combine the two things I talked about above and combine them together to create a delicious ice cream that doesn’t require a bulky ice cream maker.
To be honest it turned out so creamy and delicious the first time I made it. Plus the strong coffee flavor is the cherry on top making this ice cream recipe the perfect sweet treat to make for your coffee lover friends and family members!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- No ice cream machine is required, this is a completely no-churn recipe that yields a super delicious ice cream in no time!
- This delicious ice cream is made with only a handful of ingredients and has a rich coffee flavor.
- It is so easy and quick to make, you’ll only need a few minutes of hands-on work, and the rest of the time we will be used to freeze this creamy ice cream!
- This recipe is perfect to use for Affogatos because there can never be too much coffee!
Ingredients for this no churn creamy coffee ice cream
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this easy recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Cold heavy cream – We want our heavy cream to be cold so that it easily whips up.
- Vanilla extract- This will add a nice depth of flavor.
- Regular instant coffee granules– This is what will make our ice cream taste like coffee. It has some caffeine in it but not a huge amount per serving. Just make sure not to overdo it if you are sensitive to caffeine,
- Sweetened condensed milk– Use room temperature sweetened condensed milk will help it
- Water- We will only need a tiny bit of hot water to dissolve the coffee in a separate bowl before mixing it into the ice cream base mixture.
How to make this homemade coffee ice cream
This is how you can make this simple recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- In a small bowl dissolve the coffee granules with the hot water and set aside to cool.
- Pour the cold heavy whipping cream and vanilla extract into a large mixing bowl.
- Whip with a hand mixer or a stand mixer with the whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the cooled-down coffee mixture until combined.
- Pour the whipped cream and sweetened condensed milk mixture into a loaf pan or a freezer-safe container, tightly cover with plastic wrap, and freeze for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve, for best results pull out the ice cream for about 5 or so minutes to allow it to soften before scooping it out.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftover no-churn coffee ice cream?
You can store your leftover homemade ice cream in the freezer for up to 2 months. Just keep it covered tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil to keep it from getting that freezer-burn flavor.
What mix-ins would go well in this no churn coffee ice cream?
Some delicious mix-ins to add to your no-churn coffee ice cream recipe are:
- Mini chocolate chips
- Caramel chips
- Drizzle of caramel sauce or peanut butter into the ice cream once it is in the loaf pan.
- Nutella swirls.
- Candied hazelnuts
- Chocolate sauce drizzles
You can either mix these ingredients into the ice cream before freezing or you can add a layer of ice cream base in your container, then a layer of your mix-ins, and repeat until you are done. This is a very forgiving recipe that you can play with to create different flavors that the whole family will love.
Nop churn easy coffee ice cream recipe
No churn coffee ice cream
- In a small bowl dissolve the coffee in the hot water and set aside to cool2 tablespoon instant coffee, 2 tablespoon hot water
- In a large bowl whip the heavy cream and vanilla until stiff peaks for. It is best to do this with a hand mixer or stand mixer but by hand works fine. It will just take a little longer.2 cup heavy cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the coffee mixture until combined.14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Pour into a 8×5 loaf pan, wrap with plastic, and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Once ready to serve, let it sit at room temperature for 5 or so minutes before scooping and enjoying.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!