These mini pumpkin pies are the ultimate dessert for the holiday season. These are a fun twist on the more traditional classic pumpkin pie but made into a tiny cute dessert. They have a buttery crust, a creamy custard pumpkin filling, and a delicate whipped cream on top. Perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday get-together you have going on this fall season.
Since you are here, make sure to check out these mini pecan pies, this pecan pie bar recipe, this delicious pumpkin cheesecake bar recipe, these pumpkin pie cookies, as well as these apple cheesecake bars.
This is the best individual pumpkin pies recipe
Mini pies are one of the cutest things you can ever make! I guess mini desserts are super adorable but there is just something about little pies that hit the spot even more.
Now make those pumpkin pies for and you have my whole heart. They’re similar to the more traditional pumpkin pies but will have crust all around, perfect for crust lovers, and a tender, and cream pumpkin pie filling in the center. Absolutely delectable!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They will take any holiday dessert table to the next level.
- This is an easy recipe that doesn’t require any special equipment.
- Make it for your Thanksgiving dinner spread and watch these bars fly off the table in seconds!
- This recipe is perfect for getting in the fall pumpkin mood for this time of year. Whether you make it for Thanksgiving or just as a weeknight baking project, they’re definitely 100% worth it!
Ingredients for these mini pumpkin pies recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these bite-sized treats. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Store-bought pie crust or homemade pie crust- this will depend on preference but I love using store-bought crust for this recipe to make the process even faster.
- Pumpkin puree- Make sure you get a can of pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie filling. They are two totally different things.
- Pumpkin pie spice- You can use homemade or store-bought pumpkin spice.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar
- Cinnamon, ginger, cloves, & nutmeg
- Vanilla extract- The vanilla extract adds a nice little depth of flavor to our mini pies.
- Evaporated milk- Adding evaporated milk to a pumpkin pie filling will help make the filling lighter and more airy. Making it the perfect addition to a heavier Thanksgiving dinner.
- Whipped cream – You can use homemade whipped cream or store-bought whipped cream to top these pies.
What is the best pumpkin puree to use for these mini pumpkin pie bites?
The main pumpkin I use is Libby’s canned pumpkin because it has the perfect texture for a traditional pumpkin pie. Not too watery, and has the perfect color.
How to make these adorable mini pumpkin pies
This is how you can make these easy mini pumpkin pies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Roll out the pie crust on a lightly floured surface.
- Using a round cookie cutter, cut out 12 circles in each pie. Feel free to reroll the dough to make sure you end up with 12 discs.
- Carefully press each circle into a greased muffin tin making sure to press them to the shape of each cavity.
- In a large bowl, whisk the canned pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg.
- Whisk in the lightly beaten eggs and mix again.
- Pour in the evaporated milk slowly and whisk until the filling is smooth.
- Fill each mini pie crust with pumpkin filling, making sure that you don’t overfill it too much.
- Bake in the preheated oven then allow the pies to cool down fully before enjoying or chilling for later!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these mini pumpkin pies?
Store them in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Make sure that you are not topping them with whipped cream until ready to serve.
Can I freeze pumpkin pies?
You sure can! Allow the pies to cool down fully before transferring them to an airtight container or a ziplock bag and freezing for up to 2 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying them.
How to serve these mini pumpkin pies?
Depending on your preference you can serve these pumpkin pies cold or at room temperature. You can also serve them with a dollop of whipped cream to really get that true vibe you get from pumpkin desserts.
Another fun way to decorate them would be to bake leaf shapes pie crust pieces using one of these pie leaf cutters to make cute little leaves to really take your mini pies to the next level.
Easy Mini Pumpkin Pies Recipe Made in Muffin Tin
mini pumpkin pies recipe
For the Filling:
For the Crust:
- 1 package of store-bought refrigerated pie crust usually contains 2 crusts
- Flour for dusting
- Whipped cream optional
- Preheat your oven to 400F, then spray nonstick spray in each cavity of your muffin tin. You can also add a strip of parchment paper to make it easier to pull them out once they're done.
- Roll out the store-bought pie crust on a lightly floured surface. Use a 3.5-4-inch round cookie cutter or a glass to cut out circles that are slightly larger than the openings of your mini muffin tin. You should be able to get about 6 circles from each pie crust.1 package of store-bought refrigerated pie crust, Flour for dusting
- Carefully press each pie crust circle into the mini muffin tin, making sure to mold them to the shape of the cups and leaving the overhung parchment paper visible. Trim any excess crust hanging over the edges.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the canned pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves until well combined. Add in the lightly whisked egg and mix until incorporated.1 cup canned pumpkin puree, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ⅓ cup brown sugar, ½ teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground ginger, ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 large eggs
- Add in the evaporated milk and mix until combined.¾ cup evaporated milk
- Fill each mini pie crust with the pumpkin filling, being careful not to overfill. Leave a small gap at the top to allow room for the pies to puff up while baking.
- Bake the mini pumpkin pies in the 400F oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 325F and continue baking for an additional 12-15 minutes or until the pies are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the mini pumpkin pies from the oven and allow them to cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes. Then, carefully transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve the cooled-down pies with whipped cream or as is.Whipped cream
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!