This Halloween Oreo M&M’s cookies are a fun treat to add to your next Halloween party! It is made with Halloween Oreo cookies, Halloween M&M’s, and a delicious cookie base that you will become obsessed with. These great cookies are gonna quickly become your go-to!
This is the best Oreo Halloween M&M cookies
If you’re always looking for fun spooky treats to make this Halloween, then I got you covered with these delicious holiday treats! They are made with simple ingredients like butter, sugar, and flour but in addition to that we are using those Halloween Oreos with the orange filling in the center and the purple, green, and orange M&M’s that you can get at your local grocery stores during Halloween season to give them a more festive look.
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- This recipe yields super festive chewy cookies.
- They are so easy to make and can be enjoyed during your Halloween movie night or even added to your next Halloween party table.
- These cookies have soft centers and crunchy outsides.
- It’s a great way to use your leftover Halloween treats to make something delicious the day after Halloween!
Ingredients for this Halloween cookie recipe!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these delicious M&M Halloween cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- You can use salted or unsalted butter as long as it’s at room temperature.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- This combination of sugars will give our cookies the perfect texture.
- Egg – Use one egg at room temperature for this.
- Vanilla extract– This will add extra depth to our cookies.
- Flour– All-purpose flour works great for this recipe.
- Baking soda– Baking soda is our leavening agent. It will give some height to the cookies.
- Salt– Always add a little salt to the cookies to balance out the sweetness.
- Halloween Oreos– Make sure to use chilled Oreos so that the dough doesn’t spread too much when baking.
- Halloween M&m’s
Using a kitchen scale will ensure that you get the same results as the ones you see in the imagines of this article.
How to make these easy Halloween cookies
This is how you can make these cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract into the sugar mixture.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and gently fold until the flour mixture disappears and soft dough forms.
- Mix in the Oreo crumbs and chunks as well as Halloween day M&M’s then using a large cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, top with more chopped Oreos and M&M’s, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down on a cooling rack before digging in.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
How to store these Halloween cookies?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days. You can pop them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them all melty again before enjoying them with a tall glass of milk.
HOW TO FREEZE Halloween OREO M&’M’S COOKIES?
You can free them in an air-tight container or a freezer bag/ziplock bag for up to 2 months.
Thaw in the fridge overnight or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying.
HELP, MY COOKIES ARE SPREADING TOO MUCH!
This recipe is made with regular Oreos so make sure not to use double Stuff Oreos. The extra filling in the cookie will mix with the cookie dough and make the cookies spread too much. You can also use a larger cookie cutter to push the edges back to the center of the oreo to bring it back to that thick cookie size you like!
Another way to make sure they stay a little thicker is to use chilled Oreos.
Halloween Oreo M&M’s cookies
Halloween Oreo M&m’s cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ⅓ cup flour, 1 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ½ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the M&M's, and Oreo pieces then using a large cookie scooper (¼ cup- 4 tbsp), scoop our the cookie dough to create 10 equal cookies.⅔ cup Halloween m&m's, 7 Halloween Oreo cookies
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet, top with extra M&M's and chopped-up Oreos if you'd like and bake for 10-11 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool. Use a larger cookie cutter to swish the cookies around as soon as they come out to make them perfectly round.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!