These Halloween Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies are a fun twist on the viral Oreo stuffed cookies that I posted a while ago but we turned them into these spooky Halloween treats!
Since you are here make sure to check out this Spooky Halloween Oreo M&m’s Cookies Recipe
Since you are here, make sure to check out these Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, these peanut butter blossom cookies this Halloween black cocoa brownie recipe, as well as this Halloween ghost bark.
This is the best classic chocolate chip cookie turned into a Halloween Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookie recipe!
I always look for fun little things to make for Halloween. So when I made the Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies I told myself that the next time I made them they would have to be holiday-inspired. So here we are with the first batch being very spooky and Halloween-themed.
Besides the super-fitting vibe, they are packed with chocolate chips and taste out of this world!
Why do you need to make this recipe?
- These are some big cookies that will totally blow everyone’s mind!
- You can make these for your next Halloween party or even for fun bake sales!
- These oreo-stuffed cookies are a fun treat to make with your little ones to create fun holiday memories.
- It is an easy recipe that only requires a few handfuls of ingredients that you might already have on hand.
Ingredients for this Oreo cookie with chocolate chip recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these halloween cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter – This will give that perfect buttery flavor to your cookies!
- Light brown sugar will keep our cookies extra soft with a nice molasses flavor.
- An egg – We’re using large eggs for this one.
- Flour– I use all-purpose flour for this recipe but feel free to experiment with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Cornstarch– This is my secret ingredient to extra chewy cookies!
- Baking soda
- Salt – when using unsalted butter, always add a bit of salt to your baked goods to add a depth of flavor.
- Vanilla extract is pretty much the most magical ingredient… Makes everything taste amazing!
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips – I used regular-sized semi-sweet chocolate chips but if you have something else feel free to use that! White chocolate chips would also be fun in these homemade cookies!
- Halloween Oreos- I usually like to use double stuff Oreos but I don’t think I’ve seen that in the Halloween ones. The bright orange Oreo creme makes for the perfect little surprise once you bite into your cookie.
- Halloween sprinkles
How to make the best Halloween Oreo chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe
This is how you can make these easy cookies. Scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Line your large baking cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, white sugar, and brown sugar together.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix to combine. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Fold the chocolate chips and the Halloween sprinkles into the homemade cookie dough, then using a large cookie scoop scoop the cookie dough.
- Place that scoop of cookie dough in the palm of your hand, gently flatten with your other hand, place a double stuff Oreo in the center, and fold the cookie dough over to seal.
- Roll the cookie dough into a ball, then place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the cookies cool down for a bit on a cooling rack before enjoying them to allow them to set and get to that next level of goodness.
You can make this recipe using a hand mixer / electric mixer at low speed, a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, or by hand.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE THESE HAlloween OREO CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
You can store these cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. Of course, they will last a little bit longer if stored in the fridge.
HOW TO FREEZE THESE HOMEMADE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES?
You can freeze these in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Once you are ready to enjoy them let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours. For the best results microwave your cookie for a few seconds to warm them up and enjoy them with a tall glass of milk.
Can I use store-bought dough for this recipe?
You can but you won’t get a thick cookie like you see on these images. This chocolate chip cookie dough has a little more flour to ensure that they stay tall and thick after baking.
Halloween Oreo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
Halloween Oreo stuffed chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together.½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- Add in the vanilla and egg and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.1 egg, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.1 & ¾ cup flour, 3 tablespoon corn starch, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the sprinkles, then using a large cookie scoop (¼ cup cookie dough), scoop out the cookie dough, flatten it between the palm of your hand and place the Oreo in the center. Fold the cookie dough over the Oreo and roll to seal.⅔ cup semi sweet chocolate chips, 9 Halloween Oreo, ¼ cup Halloween sprinkles
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10 minutess. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Top the cookies with extra chocolate chips as soon as they come out of the oven, cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!