These Crumbl peanut butter blossom cookies are a must-make. They are made with a thick peanut butter cookie and topped with a rich and smooth whipped chocolate frosting on top. It is the perfect pairing of creamy peanut butter and chocolate and will yield delicious cookies every time.
Since you are here I know you will love these other delicious cookie recipes. Like my Crumbl Reese’s peanut butter cups cookies, these Crumb peanut butter Butterfinger cookies, Crumbl brownie batter cookies, Crumbl classic pink sugar cookies, as well as these Crumbl peanut butter and jelly cookie sandwiches.
This is the best Crumbl peanut butter blossom cookies
Any cookie with a strong peanut butter flavor is elite and we have done just that in this recipe. But we elevated it to have a better-tasting chocolate swirl on top instead of the Hershey’s kisses. I strongly believe that if you are going to make something at home might as well really crank it up a notch to really have something you’d love!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is the perfect cookie for peanut butter lovers.
- This cookie recipe is super simple to make and can be thrown together on a weeknight or can even be made for the holiday season.
- Thanks to this recipe you can now enjoy your favorite crumbl cookie all year long.
- This Crumbl classic peanut butter blossom cookie recipe will also save you a ton of money in the long run because $5 a cookie isn’t cheap!
- Make smaller catering-sized Crumbl peanut butter blossoms instead of the Hershey kiss ones.
Ingredients for this Crumbl peanut butter blossom classic cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this crowd-favorite cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Smooth peanut butter– Think the Skippy or Jiffy brands, natural peanut butter won’t work as well in this recipe.
- Brown sugar & granulated sugar- We use a mix of sugars to really bring out the most perfect flavor and texture in these cookies.
- Pure vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking powder & baking soda
- Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
I highly recommend using a kitchen scale if at all possible so that you can the same result as the one you see in the pictures in this article.
How to make Crumbl peanut butter blossom recipe?
This is how you can make these delicious cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
Make the peanut butter cookie dough
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla extract and mix until smooth, make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to get everything well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients so the flour baking powder, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt, and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them in between the palm of your hand, place on the parchment paper lined baking sheet, then gently flatten them to about 1 of an inch.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven, and let them cool down on the baking sheet for 20 minutes before topping with chocolate frosting. Enjoy!
Make the chocolate frosting for the Crumbl cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add in the cocoa powder, and vanilla extract and whip again on. medium speed.
- Place the chocolate frosting in a piping bag with a large star tip.
- Add a swirl of the chocolate frosting on top of each cookie and enjoy!
You can use a hand mixer/ electric mixer, stand mixer, or even make these by hand!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
HOW TO STORE CRUMBL leftover COOKIES?
You can store these cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
You can also store them in the fridge for up to 7 days. Pop them in the microwave for 5-10 seconds to get them all soft and delicious again before enjoying them. Make sure that you are not microwaving the cookies if they have frosting on top.
CAN I FREEZE THESE COOKIES?
Absolutely. You can store them in the freezer in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Let them thaw in the fridge overnight before enjoying them.
If at all possible, freeze them without the frosting and top them with your homemade chocolate frosting whenever you are ready to serve them.
CAN I MAKE CATERING-SIZED
Crumbl PEANUT BUTTER blossom COOKIES?
You sure can!
Instead of making 9 large cookies, go for 18 smaller ones. If using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie dough balls then split them in 2 to have 18. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Crumbl peanut butter blossom cookies
Crumbl peanut butter blossom cookies
Peanut butter cookie base
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set aside.
- Cream the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract then mix until combined.½ cup smooth peanut butter, ½ cup butter, ½ cup brown sugar, ⅓ cup granulated sugar, 1 egg at room temperature, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add in the flour baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, and salt, and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.1 & ⅓ cup all-purpose flour, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, 1 tablespoon corn starch, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Using a large cookie scooper, scoop out 9 equally sized cookie dough balls, place them on a baking sheet, and gently flatten to about ¾ inch in thickness. Bake in the preheated oven for 9 minutes.
Make the chocolate frosting
- Cream the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and heavy cream together until light and fluffy. Add in the sifted cocoa powder and whip again.4 tablespoon Butter, 1 cup powdered sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 tablespoon cocoa powder, ½-1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Place in a piping bag with a star tip and top each cookie with a swirl in the center once the cookies are fully cooled down.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!