These Crumbl NY cheesecake cookies are made with a buttery graham cracker cookie base, then are topped with a homemade cream cheese frosting and cheesecake graham cracker crust on top. Truly a work of art!
If you loved this recipe, you will also adore The best Crumbl Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies EVER!, Chilled Crumbl Chocolate Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies, Crumbl Salted Caramel Cheesecake Cookies, and even Small batch mini cheesecakes with oreo crust!
This is the best NY cheesecake cookie ever!
Crumbl keeps treating us to the craziest flavors, or maybe just the same thing with different names and different toppings.
In this case, the cookie is made with a graham cracker crumb base and topped with the smoothest cream cheese frosting and a graham cracker crust crumb on top.
What does this cookie taste like?
This cookie tastes like the best buttery graham cracker cookie topped with a smooth cream cheese frosting and bits of cheesecake crust on top. It’s a simple recipe that you can elevate by adding:
- Jam on top
- Drizzles of chocolate or caramel
- Mini chocolate chips
- Candied nuts for texture
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s so easy to make1
- This recipe uses graham crackers in both the cookie dough as well as the topping to make you feel like you’re eating a real NY cheesecake cookie!
- Thanks to this recipe, you will be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookies anytime. No need to wait months for them to bring it back.
- This recipe will save you a ton of money because $5 a cookie can add up so quickly!
Ingredients for this NY cheesecake cookie.
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this NY cheesecake cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe, just make sure it’s softened.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar– This cookie uses a mixture of sugars to get the texture just right.
- Egg– Use a large egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract goes in the cookie dough as well as in the frosting, it makes it so good!
- Graham crackers– Can’t have cheesecake without graham crackers, well can’t have cheesecake cookies without graham cracker cookie base!
- Flour– AP flour works great for this.
- Salt– Use a little salt in your baked goods because it highlights the flavors of sweets.
- Baking soda & baking powder- These are the leavening agents of this recipe and will add some extra height to the base.
- Cream cheese- Use full-fat cream cheese for the frosting. I like Philadephia cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar will add sweetness to our frosting.
How to make CRUMBL NY Cheesecake Cookies
This is how you can make Crumbl NY cheesecake cookies. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold in the flour, crushed up graham crackers, salt, baking soda, and baking powder just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake in the preheated oven .
Make the cream cheese frosting.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and mix again until fluffy.
- Frost each cooled-down cookie with the cream cheese frosting.
- Top with the graham cracker mixture and enjoy!
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store CRUMBL NY Cheesecake Cookies
To store these cookies, place them in an air-tight container or a flat baking sheet and wrap them with plastic wrap to keep them air-tight, and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Depending on if you like your cookies chilled or not, eat them right out of the fridge or let them sit on the counter to get back to room temperature and enjoy!
CAN I FREEZE THESE COOKIES?
Absolutely! These cookies freeze so well.
To freeze them place them on a flat baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours or until solid, you can then transfer them into an air-tight container, making sure to separate each one with a layer of wax or parchment paper. Freeze them this way for up to 2 months.
Once you’re ready to enjoy the cookies, pull them out of the freezes, lay them flat, and let them thaw in the fridge overnight or on the counter for a few hours then enjoy!
How to make mini catering sized NY cheesecake cookies?
To make catering size Crumbl cookies you can make 16 cookies instead of the regular 8 large cookies. Instead of baking those in the oven for 10 minutes, you will have to bake them for 8 minutes instead. Frost and decorate the way you would the larger ones.
CRUMBL NY Cheesecake Cookies
If you made these CRUMBL NY Cheesecake Cookies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Crumbl NY Cheesecake Cookies
Graham cracker cookies
- ½ cup Butter softened, salted or unsalted
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 & ⅓ cup AP flour
- 1 cup graham crackers finely crushed, about 7 sheets
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅓ cup graham crackers finely crushed, about 2 sheets
Cream cheese frosting
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoon butter softened, salted or unsalted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Graham cracker toppings
- ⅓ cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon butter melted
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix again.
- Add in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large (¼ cup) cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them between the palm of your hands then roll them in the ⅓ cup of the crushed graham crackers.
- Place the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, gently flatten to about ¾th inch in thickness and bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Cream cheese frosting
- In a stand mixer whip the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar and the vanilla and mix on high speed again until light and flufy. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Fill a piping bag with a large round tip with the cream cheese frosting and frost each cookie. Top the cookies with a little bit of the graham cracker mixture and enjoy!
Make the graham cracker crumb topping
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the sugar and the melted butter. Let the mixture cool down before topping your cookies with it.
How to store these Crumbl NY cheesecake cookies?To store these cookies, place them in an air-tight container or a flat baking sheet and wrap them with plastic wrap to keep them air-tight and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days. I like my cookie chilled so I eat them right out of the fridge, but you can also pull them out and let them get to room temperature before enjoying them if that’s what you prefer.
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!
So good and easy to make. Thank you for sharing this!!
You’re very welcome! I’m glad you enjoyed the recipe 🙂
Can I use biscoff cookies instead of Graham cracker crumbs?
Yes you can!
These cookies were awesome! Definitely a keeper recipe!
I’m glad you enjoyed the cookies!😁
So glad I came across your recipes, these are so good. Can’t wait to make them again.
Thank you so much!
You won’t regret making these!
I made a double batch to make a dozen and took them to a potluck. They were gone before dessert was even suppose to be served! I am book marking this recipe! YUM!!
Loved making this recipe. They were a hit with my cheesecake loving husband as well as our pre-holiday guests. Thanks for making such fun accessible recipes for the baking moms in need.
You’re welcome! I’m glad you liked the recipe!😊
I’ve made these several times, however I made a slight change. I make double the cheesecake portion and put a double rim around the cookie then fill the rest in with a single layer and use cherry pie filling to fill inside the double rim. They are the perfect little cherry cheesecakes and everyone loves them.
Thank you for sharing Larry!
So good. I’ve made them twice. Love these
YAY! Happy to hear you enjoyed them!!
Made these this afternoon and omg they’re beyond amazing! Wish I could share my pic 😍 thanks for sharing this awesome recipe.
You’re very welcome Paige! Glad to hear you enjoyed them.
I made these tasty, easy-to-make cookies today for my family. The kids and hubby enjoyed them and said they need to become part of our family recipes. ❤️.
Glad to hear the family enjoyed them Lori!
made these the other day exactly like the recipe. it made 9 cookies and they did not seem as big as they usually are. But they were so good! whole family loved them and tastes just as good as crumbls.
loved the recipe!! taste just like crumbl and very easy to follow along!
YAY!! Thank you!
These are scrumptious. If you pull them out and the cookies look like they’re cracked, that’s when they’re perfect. They’re crunchy on the outside and still soft on the inside. Such an amazing recipe. Highly recommend.
I love that!
I made these on Friday and they were absolutely amazing! Just as good as the crumbl original imo
I made these today for my kids and they turned out really well! I’m not the best baker but the recipe was easy to follow and the cookies look super cute just like the pictures!
Haha, that’s part of the fun Dani!! Enjoy!