This pecan banana bread with streusel topping is completely out of this world. It is slightly different from your regular loaves, topped with pecan streusel for an extra rich and luxurious slice. It is soft, jam-packed with banana, and fall flavors. Best of all you can have it any time of the year!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I’m bringing fall into summer, into this crazy time we’re living in at the moment!
This week’s delicious sweet bread recipe is a pecan banana bread with pecan streusel topping. It’s a fancier take on the old school banana bread that we all make when those bananas start riping up faster than we can eat them!
I wanted to make something that would be considered comfort food that we could have during the summer… or during the fall and the holiday season too! But because of how everything is unfolding right now, all I want is comfort. Hot chocolates and moist spiced loafs…
So I made that happen with all my leftover bananas that were going dark a little too fast and made the best banana bread with pecans pieces.
The pecans in the banana bread were what made this loaf a success. Actually the streusel too, but that has pecans too. So the pecans will for sure take your banana bread up a notch!
This is a pecan banana bread with streusel topping recipe!
This banana bread recipe actually reminds me of fall flavors quite a lot because of the addition of pecans and the cinnamon pecan streusel. It’s a loaf that’s all about comfort, coziness, and making you feel a little better at home before thanksgiving time.
What’s so special about this banana bread with streusel topping
I promise I am not hyping up this banana bread for no reason! Here are all the reasons I think you should make it ASAP:
- It’s a fancier banana bread with not much extra work
- It is rich, buttery, and have a light crisp from the pecans and pecan streusel.
- Not too dense, HELLO, balance!
- Tastes like a fall/thanksgiving banana bread.
- It is as moist as can be!
- It is the perfect comfort food for when life knocks you down 😉 Thank me later!
So for all these reason, I seriously consider this one of the best banana bread recipes ever! It is easy to make and it is packed with flavor and textures.
Ingredients for pecan streusel banan bread
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make yourself the perfect fall-inspired banana bread.
For the streusel
- Pecans– Pecan gives a great texture and nutty flavor to the streusel.
- Sugar– A little sugar to caramelize the top of the loaf/
- Flour– Flour to create a little crumble on the loaf.
- Butter– Butter will help make the streusel more crispy.
- Cinnamon– Cinnamon makes the streusel topping taste like the fall season!
- Salt– Salt to balance out the flavors.
For the banana bread
- Flour– All-purpose flour works perfectly fine for this recipe.
- Baking soda and baking powder– These leavening agents are gonna give the loaf the perfect lift.
- Salt– Balance balance balance!
- Sugar– You will need granulated sugar for this.
- Egg– Eggs will keep everything together and give us the right texture!
- Oil– Oil makes the loaf so moist! You can also use 1:1 ratio of melted butter for a richer loaf.
- Vanilla extract – Can’t go wrong with vanilla extract!
- Very ripe bananas– These are the fear of your banana bread of course.
- Pecan pieces– Use pecan pieces in the loaf for extra nutiness.
What do pecans taste like?
Pecans naturally have a sweet(ish) battery flavor. A lot of people tend to want to compare them to walnuts but they are definitely a little different. Pecans have high oil amounts within them and that’s what gives them that buttery flavor and texture.
How to make pecan streusel for your banana bread
Pecan streusel is such a simple thing to make but it makes all the difference in this recipe. Adding the pecan streusel gives this banana loaf a nice crunch, light cinnamon flavor and a whole lot of nutty flavors!
To make the pecan streusel, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until coarsly combined. I told you it is extremely easy to make!
You could also make this pecan streusel recipe to use on your banana muffins or coffee cakes as well! Just double or triple the streusel recipe depending on how much you are baking that day,
More loaves/bread recipes
- The easiest cranberry orange bread recipe
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread with chocolate chips
- Healthy no Sugar Added Banana Bread
Pecan Streusel Banana Bread Recipe
If you made and enjoyed this recipe make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars below!
PS: On a real note, nothing beats banana bread! For breakfast, as a snack or as a full on tea time dessert, banana bread is satisfying anytime. So take a moment and go make this for yourself!
Pecan banana bread with streusel topping
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 &1/2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups + 2 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg large
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 medium very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
Make the pecan streusel
- Place all of the steusel ingredients in a food processor and pulse until corsly combined. Place the pecan streusel in the fridge whil eyou make the banana bread.
Make the pecan banana bread
- First, start by preheating the oven to 350F. Then butter you 8×4 inch loaf pan then dust it with flour and set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder then add in the salt and pecan pieces, and set aside.
- In a stand mixer bowl with a whisk attachment, cream the sugar, egg, and vanilla on medium speed for 5 minutes or until the mixture is lighter in color. Reduce the speed to low and slowly drizzle in the oil. Continue mixing until completely combined. Add in the mashed banana and whisk one last time just until combined.
- Add in the dry mixture one third at a time and gently fold. Don't overmix the banana bread batter! Pour the batter in the prepared loaf pan and sprinkle the top with the pecan streusel that we made earlier.
- Bake the pecan banana bread for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted int the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let the loaf cool for 20 minutes before running an offset spatula around the edges of the pan to get the loaf out and let it cool on a wire rack for another 20 minutes. Serve right after!
IF YOU TRIED THIS INCREDIBLE COOKIE RECIPE MAKE SURE TO RATE IT BY CLICKING THE 5 STARS ABOVE AND LEAVE A COMMENT DOWN BELOW TO LET US KNOW HOW YOURS TURNED OUT!
DON’T FORGET TO JOIN US ON OUR FACEBOOK PAGE TO SHARE HOW YOUR RECIPES TURNED OUT AND POSSIBLY GET FEATURED ON THERE AS WELL AS ON INSTAGRAM!
Also don’t forget to join us on Instagram!
LV• Recipe developer • Food photographer • Gym Addict • Marketing person •
🧁📸 🏋🏻♀️ 📈
I use my oven as a heater 😭😂🤷🏻♀️
FREE recipes below!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!