This Stuffed Sweet Potatoes recipe is the way to go this fall season. Perfectly balanced flavors and textures for an easy breakfast option.
Sweet potatoes for breakfast are an absolute must in our household. We love them so much that one day they were almost all we had that day. I would not recommend doing that, but hey if you love them as much as we do it won’t hurt from time to time haha!
I am not sure where the idea came from, but one day I was crazing sweets and decided to take the healthy route. I stuffed a ton of delicious nuts and cranberries into a sweet potato and called it a day!
Kyle actually loves placing these stuffed sweet potatoes in a bowl and pouring a little milk over them. He pretty much eats them like breakfast cereal. It’s funny seeing everyone add their own little twist to these sweet potatoes.
What you will need for these breakfast stuffed sweet potatoes?
This stuffed sweet potatoes recipe became our go to around this time last year. I was not blogging or posting nearly enough or as much as I do now. But I had a feeling that I needed to share it with you guys!
So here is what you will need to make these pretty healthy stuffed sweet potatoes:
- Baked Sweet potatoes – This of course is the base of the recipe
- Peanut butter – I don’t know about you guys but I think peanut butter and sweet potatoes are pretty much soul mates
- pumpkin pie spice – Had to include some pumpkin spice in these sweet potatoes because I am on an absolute crazy pumpkin kick at the moment!
- Nuts – I love adding nuts to this recipe because it adds an amazing textural element to the whole breakfast!
- Cranberries – This is another component that will create a super fun texture. It will also add a little sweetness and tartness to the breakfast stuffed sweet potatoes!
How do I bake the sweet potatoes?
What I always like to do is buy sweet potatoes in bulk, then bake them all in the oven. This article right here will give your the exact step by step on how to oven bake your sweet potato to perfection.
I then eat them right away or save them in an airtight contained in the fridge for a couple of days for some super easy breakfast stuffed sweet potatoes!
Fall Stuffed Sweet potatoes recipe
This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled, just use however many potatoes you’d like and adjust the toppings to fit the number of sweet potatoes you use.
Fall stuffed sweet potatoes
- 1 bakes sweet potato
- 1-2 tbsp peanut butter or any nut butter
- 1 tbsp cranberries
- 2 tbsp toasted nuts almonds, walnuts, peanuts, cashews
- a pinch of pumpkin pie spice
- Slice the sweet potato in half, drizzle with the nut butter, top with cranberries and toasted nuts. Sprinkle lightly with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice, then serve.
- I like to bake the sweet potatoes ahead of time and leave them in the fridge. This way I can pull one out every morning and make this recipe for breakfast. This is totally the way to go to make your breakfast routine way easier!
- This recipe is easily scaled up!
Some more sweet potato recipes you will love!
- The easiest sweet potato pie
- How to bake sweet potatoes in the oven
- Best sweet potato fudge brownies
- Dessert baked sweet potato
Shop this recipe
THIS ARTICLE MAY CONTAIN SOME AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU, I WILL EARN A COMMISSION IF YOU CLICK THROUGH AND MAKE A PURCHASE