Baking muffins has not always been a thing for me… I remember as a child seeing my dad and little sister making muffins every friday. I never liked them really though so my whole life I stayed away from making them until I met a special someone who swears by them! So I obviously had to start practicing my muffin making ways haha. So about a year or so ago I started looking up basic muffin recipes and making them, some were good and others were not so much… But there was one recipe that stuck with me, it was a blueberry muffin that I had found on Pinterest and oh my goodness! It was so good but it still didn’t hit the spot so I played around with the ingredients a little bit and made some modifications until I was able to make it perfect! and now it is finally time for me to share the best blueberry muffin recipe with the world (meaning you guys 😀 )
So here it is, a bakery-worthy blueberry muffin that you can make at home in less than an hour.
Yield 12 muffins
Prep Time 30 minutes
Total Time 55minutes to an hour
For the muffins
1 and ¾ cup of flour
⅓ cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
¾ cup and 3 tablespoons milk
¼ cup and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 rounded cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoons of powdered sugar
For the Streusel
⅓ cup flour
½ cup sugar
¼ cup butter
- First, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- now put the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk everything until combined, then form a well in the center to pour your wet ingredients in.
- Add the beaten egg, the milk and the oil to the dry mixture and stir until everything is combined.
- Don’t worry too much about the lumps
- Add the blueberries and gently fold them into your muffin batter.
- Now that your batter is ready, divide the mixture into 12 muffin tins and top with a couple more blueberries on each muffin. This will make the final product stand out so much more!
- Combine the flour, sugar, and cubed butter in a bowl and mix everything until it forms large crumbs.
- For this step I like to use my pastry or dough blender, it combines everything perfectly. You can always use a fork or a whisk but that will take a little longer.
- Top your muffins with the streusel mixture
- I usually like to use my hand for this step so that I can crumble the mixture even more.
- Bake the muffins at 400 degrees for 20 minutes making sure to rotate the tray halfway through.
- The last step is where all the magic happens! Now is the time to broil your muffins for 1-3 minutes depending on how strong your oven is. This step is crucial for that delicious crispy colorful muffin top. (haha no pun intended )
- Let the muffins cool and dust them with powdered sugar.
- E N J O Y ! ! ! !
Make sure to subscribe to the blog to get more of these delicious recipes and TAG ME whenever you try these blueberry muffins, using #TDfoodi.