These delicious red velvet cake mix cookies are made with simple ingredients that you might already have at home. They yield deliciously chewy cookies perfect for Valentine’s Day or just any weeknight baking when you are craving something sweet.
Since you are here, you have to check out this strawberry brownies recipe, this chocolate-covered strawberry brownie recipe, this small batch red velvet cupcakes recipe, as well as this Valentine’s Day hot chocolate recipe!
This is the best cake mix red velvet cookies recipe
Who knew that you could turn a box of cake mix into the most delicious red velvet cake cookies? This easy cookie recipe only uses 7 ingredients and will be ready in no time making it a great option to make when you are short on time and need something quick, easy, and delicious for yourself or to share with friends and family.
Why Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies?
- Easy Way to Impress – With a box of cake mix as your secret weapon, you can whip up these cookies effortlessly. They’re a great option for any skill level, making them perfect for beginners and seasoned bakers alike. Great for any special occasion, the holiday season, or on weeknights!
- Perfect Texture Every Time – The cake mix ensures a soft texture, creating chewy cookies that are simply irresistible. It’s a foolproof way to achieve consistent, bakery-worthy results.
- Versatility in Flavor – Red velvet cake mix cookies are not just for Valentine’s Day; they’re a fantastic treat any time of the year. Customize them with your favorite mix-ins for a personalized touch.
Ingredients for these easy red velvet cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Red Velvet Cake Mix – Your favorite red velvet cake mix brings that iconic flavor and vibrant hue to our cookies. It’s a shortcut to decadence! You can use Betty Crocker, Duncan Hines or whatever you prefer.
- Cornstarch – Ever wondered how to achieve that perfect softness inside? Say hello to cornstarch, our little secret for the ultimate fudgy and soft cookie texture.
- Salt – Don’t underestimate the power of salt. Just a pinch enhances the flavors and balances the sweetness, creating a harmonious taste.
- Butter – Melted butter adds richness and that melt-in-your-mouth quality we all crave in a good cookie
- Eggs – Two large eggs work their magic by binding the ingredients together, ensuring your cookies have the perfect structure.
- Vanilla Extract – A teaspoon of vanilla extract elevates the overall flavor profile, giving your cookies that extra touch of deliciousness.
- White Chocolate Chips – White chocolate chips or chunks take these cookies to the next level. Their creamy sweetness complements the red velvet base impeccably.
How to make red velvet cake mix cookies
This is how you can make this delicious recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full printable recipe!
- In a large bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, melted butter, cornstarch, salt, and vanilla extract until a dough forms.
- Fold in the chocolate chips then wrap the bowl and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling, preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the cookie dough with a small cookie scoop (about 2 tablespoons) and place on the prepared baking sheet,
- Bake in the preheated oven and allow to cool down for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- Enjoy your cookies with a tall glass of milk.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQ
Can I Use a Different Cake Mix Flavor?
While we adore the classic red velvet, feel free to experiment with your favorite cake mix flavors. The versatility of this recipe allows for endless creativity.
How Can I Achieve a Perfectly Chewy Texture?
The secret lies in the cake mix. The combination of ingredients and the unique characteristics of red velvet ensure a consistently chewy and delightful texture. Make sure you do not overbake your cookies as well to keep them extra soft.
Can I Freeze the Cookie Dough for Later Use?
Certainly! Prepare the dough, shape it into balls, and freeze.
When the craving strikes, simply bake the frozen dough for a few extra minutes. Fresh, warm cookies on demand!
What’s the Best Way to Store Leftover Cookies?
To keep your cookies fresh and chewy, store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
his ensures they maintain their delightful texture for an extended period.
Can I Freeze These Cake Mix Red Velvet Cookies?
You sure can! Allow them to cool down fully then place them in an airtight container and freeze for up to 3 months. Allow them to thaw on the counter until soft whenever the cravings hit.
Any Recommendations for Mix-Ins Besides White Chocolate Chips?
Absolutely! Get creative with your mix-ins.
Whether it’s chocolate chips, nuts, or even a hint of mint, the possibilities are endless. Make these cookies your own delicious creation!
Tips for Baking Success
- Time-Saving Bake Time – These cookies only need 8-10 minutes in the oven, making them a quick solution for your sweet cravings. Make sure not to overbake them so they stay soft and fudgy in the center!
- Use Parchment Paper – Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper for easy cleanup and to prevent sticking. It’s a simple trick that goes a long way. I also love using silicone baking mats as well!
- Cooling Rack Magic – Transfer your baked cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. This step ensures they maintain the perfect texture and avoid becoming too soft at the bottom.
Elevate Your Red Velvet Cookies
- White Chocolate Drizzle: Take your cookies to the next level by adding a white chocolate drizzle. It not only enhances the visual appeal but also adds an extra layer of indulgence. Top that drizzle with sprinkles before it solidifies for an even cuter look!
- Turn them into cookie sandwiches – Create sandwich cookies by adding cream cheese frosting between two red velvet cookies. It’s a delightful twist that elevates the flavor profile and makes them look that much more impressive!
Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
Red Velvet Cake Mix cookies
- 1 box red velvet cake mix 15.25oz box
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the red velvet cake mix, cornstarch, salt, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined and a dough forms.1 box red velvet cake mix, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, ¼ teaspoon salt, ½ cup unsalted butter, 2 large eggs, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fold in the white chocolate chips or chunks until evenly distributed throughout the dough. Wrap the bowl with pastic wrap and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.1 cup white chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat your oven to 350°F then line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 2 tablespoon-sized portions of dough and roll them into balls. Place the cookie dough balls on the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes or until the edges are set. The centers may still be slightly soft, but they will firm up as they cool.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.