Easter mini egg brownies are pretty much the best brownie you’ve ever had in your life with a mix of Easter egg chocolates or Robin Eggs. This is a fun recipe to make for the holidays to serve at parties, family gatherings, or just to make on weeknights for a sweet Easter treat.
If you love brownies, I know you will also love The fudgiest Red Wine Brownies, Crumbl cosmic/ galaxy brownie cookies, The Best Air Fryer Brownies, as well as 10 SECRETS ON HOW TO MAKE BOXED BROWNIES BETTER!
With Easter= being right around the corner, I had to make this easter mini egg brownie recipe happen. It is made with a super fudgy and chocolatey base that it topped with Easter eggs. Of course, there is a variation of Easter egg candies so you can definitely use whichever ones you prefer.
I personally love the Whoopers because I think the malted aspect of it pairs so nicely with the chocolate brownies. I mean I’m literally writing this as the brownie is cooling down in the kitchen and the whole house smells like heaven!
This is the best Easter mini egg brownie recipe ever!
This recipe will impress any family or friends that you serve or bring these two for Easter this year. If that’s not enough to convince you to try these out, I’d say read the below section because it’ll tell you everything about why this is a go to recipe!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- These Easter brownies are so festive.
- This recipe is such an easy holiday recipe that everyone will love.
- It requires very minimal efforts.
- This brownie is a one bowl brownie recipe so less dishes to do afterwards.
- You can make this in the a stand mixer or by hand using a bowl and a whisk.
- It’s versatile when it comes to Easter candies. Use whatever you prefer.
Ingredients for this mini egg brownie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this Easter egg brownie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Dark Chocolate (chips)– Brownies are mainly chocolate so using high quality chocolate is a must!
- Butter– You can use salted or unsalted butter, just use high qulity butter for the best taste.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar– The mixture of sugars will help make these brownies extra fudgy and moist while creating that perfect crinkly top.
- Eggs– Use room temperature eggs for this recipe.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract will add a bit of depth to this recipe to take it to the next level.
- Flour– We will be using just enough flour to se tth ebrownie but not enough to make them cakey! Make sure to use the spoon and level method to measure your flour if you don’t have a kitchen scale.
- Salt– The salt is always a must when making sweets. It helps balance out the sugar level of the brownies here.
- Mini Egg candies (the Easter Robin Egg ones)– I use the Whoopers malted chocolate balls for this recipe and turned out so yummy!
Which chocoalte should I use?
I have made this recipe with both dark chocolate chips and dark chocolate bars. Both work really well as long as it’s a 60% + dark chocolate of high quality you should be just fine 🙂
Some of my favorites are Ghirardelli chocolates, Valrhona chocolates, and Guittard chocolates.
How to make mini egg brownie recipe
This is how you can make mini egg brownies for Easter. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Melt the butter and chocolate together in the microwave.
- Whisk the mixture to combine then mix in the granulated and brown sugar.
- Beat in one egg at a time, then mix in the vanilla etxract.
- Sift in the flour and salt and gently fold.
- Fold the malted easter candy eggs.
- Pour the brownie batter into the prepared 8×8 pan and top with more crushed Easter mini eggs.
- Bake in the preheated oven.
- Let the brownies cool down completely before enjoying.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store easter fudgy brownies?
You can store these easter brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days.
I like to store my mini egg brownies in the fridge for up to 7 days. When I’m ready to enjoy them, I let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them. If you want them immediately, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!
Can I freeze mini egg brownies?
If you want to make your Easter brownies ahead of time or if you just want to store them for later, you can place them in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to 2 months.
Once ready to enjoy the brownies, thaw them on the counter or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them!
What’s the best Easter mini egg candy to use?
This is a question that depends on preference. I love the Whoopers malted candy eggs or the Robin eggs. I think they are so cute and taste amazing too. But here are a few other options that you can go with as well.
- Hershey’s eggs candies
- M&M’s egg candies
- Cadbury mini eggs, even though I wouldn’t mix these in the brownie batter not to change the wetbess of the batter. I reccomend just using them as toppings.
- Reese’s egg candies for a peanut butter brownie feel.
- Crunch egg candies, I love these because of the amazing crunch they add to the recipe.
Easter mini egg brownies
If you made these Easter mini egg brownies and enjoyed them, don’t forget to leave a 5-star review by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description. It would help me a ton
Easter mini egg brownies
- First start by preheating the oven to 350F, then grease and line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the chocolate chips and the butter in a heatproof bowl and microwave it for 1-2 minutes. Whisk it together until combined. Add in the granulated and the brown sugar and whisk to combine again.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and vigorously stir between each addition. Add in the vanilla and stir again.
- Now time to add the flour, and the salt. Gently fold until the flour disappears then add in ½ cup of the chopped up easter eggs, fold one last time, and pour the brownie batter into the prepared baking pan. Top it with ¼ cup chopped Easter eggs and bake for 25 minutes, sprinkle more crushed Robin Egg candies, let the brownies cool completely before digging in!
How to store easter fudgy brownies?You can store these easter brownies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. I like to store my mini egg brownies in the fridge for up to 7 days. When I’m ready to enjoy them, I let them get back to room temperature before enjoying them. If you want them immediately, pop them in the microwave for a few seconds and enjoy!
Can I freeze mini egg brownies?Absolutely! If you want to make your Easter brownies ahead of time or if you just want to store them for later, you can place them in an air-tight container and freeze them for up to 2 months. Once ready to enjoy the brownies, thaw them on the counter or pop them in the microwave for a few seconds before enjoying them!
Thank you for making it all the way down here 🙂
If you enjoyed this recipe don’t forget to let us know in the comments below! In the meantime, don’t forget to follow me on Instagram!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!