This low-carb and keto pumpkin mousse is the perfect no-bake fall dessert. It is an easy, light, and sweet pumpkin treat to add to your fall to-do list! I often have this dessert to curb my sweet tooth, especially during my low-carb days. It is gluten-free, keto, and is made with only 5 ingredients! I call that a win-win.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by the Dairy Council of Nevada. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Lifestyle of a foodie possible.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
It’s finally pumpkin season! Which means it’s go time for anything and everything pumpkin.
It almost feels like I wait for this time all year long (Yup, I’m that obsessed with anything pumpkin!) It is such a versatile ingredient that you can use for both sweet and savory, but if we’re being honest, I love pumpkin sweet more than savory. So bring on the pumpkin desserts!
This creamy pumpkin mousse is one of those sweet fall recipes that I cannot get over. I can have it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner without getting tired of it at all. It is rich, creamy, and packed with all the fall flavors (yes, you guessed it right! Pumpkin pie spice!)
This is the best 10 minute keto pumpkin mousse!
Apart from being the best keto pumpkin mousse ever, this dessert is so good that you won’t be able to tell that it is low carb. It tastes and has the mouthfeel of any regular mousse, minus all that added sugar!
While we’re at it, I’m also going to let you in on my own personal little secret too, this keto pumpkin mousse doesn’t have to be eaten just as a mousse. You can actually make it and transform it into a delicious keto fall ice cream. All you’ll have to do is freeze the mousse for a few hours and enjoy this classic fall ice cream!
What’s so special about this keto pumpkin mousse?
- This pumpkin mousse is low-carb and keto-friendly! So if you are watching your sugar intake, this is the ideal dessert for you.
- It is so easy to make and only requires 10 minutes of hands-on work. Nothing better than this!
- The keto pumpkin mousse texture is just like any regular mousse. With this keto recipe, you will not miss out on your favorite dessert’s texture.
- It is packed with fall flavors, from pumpkin to all the fall spices, it has it all.
What is shamrock farms?
Shamrock farms is a family owned dairy farm started by the McClellands back in 1922. They have continued working on perfecting their dairy products by treating their cows with care, always striving to have the latest technology to produce and bottle their milk, while implementing on-the-farm sustainability practices. The best part is that they care so much that they don’t ever use growth hormones like rBST.
So by choosing Shamrock farms products you know that you are getting quality products with a taste that shows for it.
How is this dessert Keto?
This dessert is keto because it contains close to 0 grams of carbohydrates. This Pumpkin mousse has no added sugar, it uses a sugar substitute instead to keep it low carb and keto-friendly. By using Shamrock Farms Heavy Whipping Cream, you are getting a good amount of protein and vitamin D to keep your immune system strong and healthy while enjoying your favorite fall dessert.
Where did I purchase my ingredients?
For this recipe, I shopped solely at Albertsons! I used the Albertsons mobile app to make my shopping list and made sure to take advantage of all the coupons they offered this week! I absolutely love shopping at Albertsons because it has a huge selection of items for a very reasonable price.
Click here to find your nearest Alberstons. I strongly encourage you to download the app as well to find their weekly coupons, collect reward points that you can use to get free stuff, and even receive very special freebies from time to time. Can’t beat that 🙂
Ingredients to make this 5-ingredient Keto Pumpkin Mousse
To make this easy and yet delicious keto mousse you will need:
- Shamrock Farms heavy whipping cream – I recently discovered Shamrock Farms heavy cream and it is incredible. It whips up perfectly and makes the keto pumpkin mousse so light and creamy! The best part about this heavy cream is the clean label! It contains only contains 3 ingredients.
- Cream cheese– Use full-fat cream cheese at room temperature to make your job of whipping it easier.
- Pumpkin puree– I use 100% natural canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling, those are two completely different things. The pumpkin pie filling is often packed with added sugar, so make sure you use 100% pumpkin puree.
- Stevia sweetener -This sugar is one of my favorite sweeteners, it dissolves well and doesn’t leave a gritty texture in this mousse.
- Pumpkin spice- I am using ready-made pumpkin pie spice for this recipe, you can make your own using this recipe here.
Is pumpkin keto?
Yes! Pumpkin is a keto-friendly vegetable. It does have some carbs but it is fairly low, which makes it excellent to use in all the keto fall desserts. ½ cup pumpkin contains 1.9 g net carbs, so don’t be scared to indulge in some pumpkin keto desserts this fall season. Like I always say though, make sure to keep everything in moderation.
How to make low carb pumpkin mousse?
First, start by adding the cream cheese and sugar to a stand mixer bowl or medium bowl. Whisk the mixture on medium-high speed for about two minutes.
Add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, mix for another minute to get everything well combined.
Add in the cold heavy whipping cream and whip the mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes, then increase the speed to high for another 3 minutes. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mousse for 2-4 hours.
When you are ready to serve it, place the mousse in a piping bag with a 1M piping tip and serve it in little glass cups. Enjoy!
Tips for the best pumpkin mousse recipe
- Make sure your pumpkin puree and cream cheese are at room temperature- We want to be able to mix the two ingredients together well without getting any lumps. Making sure that both of these ingredients are at room temperature will ensure that we get an evenly smooth texture with no lumps.
- Make sure your heavy whipping cream is cold- On the other hand, you are going to want your heavy whipping cream to be as cold as possible. This will help it stiffen up and form stiff peaks.
- Don’t skip the refrigeration step- I make sure to refrigerate my keto pumpkin mousse before I pipe it into little glasses so that it holds itself better. I’m sure you want those mousse swirls to look as sharp as possible and that’s what the refrigeration step does.
5-ingredient Keto Pumpkin Mousse
If you enjoyed this keto pumpkin mousse make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
5-ingredient Keto Pumpkin Mousse
- First, start by adding the cream cheese, and Truvia sugar to a stand mixer bowl or medium bowl. Whisk the mixture on medium high speed for about two minutes.
- Add in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice, mix for another minute to get everything well combined.
- Add in the cold heavy whipping cream and whip the mixture on medium speed for 2 minutes then increase the speed to high for another 3 minutes,. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate the mousse for 2-4 hours.
- When you are ready se serve it, place the mousse in a piping bag with a 1M Wilton piping tip and serve it in little class cups. Enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here 🙂 If you tried this recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out.