These Crumbl lemon cheesecake cookies are made with a buttery graham cracker cookie base topped with a lemony cream cheese frosting and a generous spread of lemon curd. Truly delectable.
Since you are here, you will also love my lemon curd cookies, lemon crinkle cookies, and these lemon brownie cookies.
Lemon and cheesecake are a match made in heaven so I had to immediately jump at the opportunity of making THE crumbl lemon cheesecake cookie but of course better.
I used a similar base to my NYC cheesecake cookie, caramel cheesecake cookie, or raspberry cookie and really jazzed it up to work well with the tangy homemade lemon curd.
This is the best lemon cheesecake cookie recipe ever!
The best part is that we allow these cookies to cool down a bit making all the flavors fuse together in the most perfect way. I personally love to let them get back to room temperature to allow the graham cracker cookie to soften up a bit before enjoying them but hey you do you!
Creamy, tangy, buttery, and ready to made made by you! So without further ado, let’s bake!
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It is a fancy cookie recipe that is made with simple ingredients.
- This recipe will save you a ton of money in the long run.
- It tastes so much better than the Crumbl version.
- With this recipe, you’ll be able to enjoy these cookies anytime the cravings hit.
Ingredients for this Crumbl lemon cheesecake recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter– You can use either salted or unsalted butter for this recipe, just make sure it’s softened.
- Granulated sugar & brown sugar– This cookie uses a mixture of sugars to get the texture just right.
- Egg– Use a large egg at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– The vanilla extract goes in the cookie dough as well as in the frosting, it makes it so good!
- Graham crackers– Can’t have cheesecake without graham crackers, well can’t have cheesecake cookies without graham cracker cookie base!
- Flour– AP flour works great for this.
- Salt– Use a little salt in your baked goods because it highlights the flavors of sweets.
- Baking soda & baking powder- These are the leavening agents of this recipe and will add some extra height to the base.
- Cream cheese- Use full-fat cream cheese for the frosting. I like Philadephia cream cheese.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar will add sweetness to our frosting.
- Lemon juice & lemon zest- This will be used in our lemon cream cheese frosting.
- Lemon curd– Make my homemade version or use your favorite store bought curd.
How to make This Crumbl lemon cheesecake cookie recipe
This is how you can make it. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract until combined.
- Fold in the flour, crushed-up graham crackers, salt, baking soda, and baking powder just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Scoop the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, gently flatten to about 1 inch in thickness, and bake in the preheated oven.
Make the cream cheese frosting.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, and mix again until fluffy.
- Frost each cooled-down cookie with the cream cheese frosting.
- Add a dollop of lemon curd and spread it on top of the cream cheese, decorate with a lemon slice and a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these lemon curd cheesecake cookies?
To store these cookies, place them in an air-tight container or a flat baking sheet and wrap them with plastic wrap to keep them air-tight, and store them in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Depending on if you like your cookies chilled or not, eat them right out of the fridge or let them sit on the counter to get back to room temperature and enjoy!
Can I freeze these cookies?
You sure can!
I highly recommend flash-freezing these cookies on a flat surface and then transferring them to an airtight container, separating each layer with some wax or parchment paper. Freeze for up to 2 months.
Once you are ready to enjoy them thaw them in the fridge on a flat surface (baking sheet) and enjoy. I like to enjoy them at room temperature so the cookie base is softer.
HOW TO MAKE MINI CATERING SIZED NY CHEESECAKE COOKIES?
To make catering size Crumbl cookies you can make 16 cookies instead of the regular 8 large cookies. Instead of baking those in the oven for 10 minutes, you will have to bake them for 8 minutes instead. Frost and decorate the way you would the larger ones.
Crumbl lemon cheesecake cookies
Graham cracker cookies
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until combined. Add in the egg and the vanilla and mix again.
- Add in the flour, graham cracker crumbs, salt, baking soda, and baking powder and mix just until the flour mixture disappears.
- Using a large (¼ cup) cookie scooper, scoop out 8 equally sized cookie dough balls, roll them between the palm of your hands then roll them in the ⅓ cup of the crushed graham crackers.
- Place the cookie dough on the prepared baking sheet, gently flatten to about ¾th inch in thickness and bake in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes. Let the cookies cool down on the baking sheet for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
Cream cheese frosting
- In a stand mixer whip the softened cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar. the vanilla extract, lemon juice, and lemon zest, and mix on high speed again until light and fluffy. This should take 2-3 minutes.
- Spread on top of each cookie using a spatula then top with a dollop of lemon curd and gently make a swirl on top of the cream cheese. Top each cookie with a slice of lemon and a dusting of crushed graham crackers if you'd like and enjoy!
To make your own homemade lemon curd follow this recipe!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!