These Crumbl lemon blackberry cookies will blow your mind! Made with a soft and chewy lemon sugar cookie (with or without poppyseed), and a cream cheese blackberry frosting, then topped with blackberry jam. It’s the ultimate fruity cookie!
I know you’ll also love The best Crumbl Blueberry Muffin Cookies with Streusel, Easy Blueberry Lemon Ricotta Pancakes, and this The Best Moist Blueberry Lemon Loaf Cake.
To all my lemon blackberry lovers I didn’t forget about you! I have finally made the lemon blackberry cookie Crumbl copycat recipe for you because I know that more often than not, blueberry lemon wins, and blackberry lemon gets left behind.
We say no more to that with this recipe that combined the delicious and sugar soft lemon sugar cookie that will totally melt in your mouth with the fruity and delicious blackberry cream cheese frosting.
This is the best Blackberry lemon cookie recipe ever!
Technically, this recipe was supposed to have poppyseed but it completely slipped my mind. You know those days when you have a million things to do and the most important thing just leaves your mind. Well, that happened when I made and shot this recipe.
Honestly, though, it is still just as good. Plus I figured not everyone has poppyseed on hand so I decided to give the option.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s summer in a cookie.
- With this recipe, you will be able to enjoy your favorite Crumbl cookie anytime during the year without breaking the bank.
- It’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Lemon and blackberries go so well together.
- This recipe is a fun way to use up those extra summer blackberries.
Ingredients for this Crumbl lemon blackberry cookie recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- Salted or unsalted butter both work great in this recipe.
- Granulated & powdered sugar– The combination of sugars make this cookie extra soft. Plus you’ll need powdered sugar for the frosting as well.
- Lemon zest & juice– This will add extra lemon flavor to our cookie base.
- Egg– Use an egg at room temperature for this.
- Lemon extract– The lemon extract will also add a nice lemony flavor to the base of the cookies.
- Flour– AP flour works great for this recipe.
- Salt– Always use a little salt to balance out the sweetness.
- Baking powder– This is our leavening agent.
- Cream cheese – Use from temperature full-fat cream cheese
- Blackberries– We will need the juice of blackberries.
- Blackberry jam– you can use homemade or store-bought blackberry jam for this recipe.
How to make blackberry lemon cookies?
This is how you can make these cookies at home. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter and sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon extract, and the egg and whisk to combine.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and gently to combine.
- Scoop the cookie dough, place it on a baking sheet, and flatten a bit before baking in the preheated oven.
Make the cream cheese blackberry frosting.
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together.
- Add in the powdered sugar, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and blackberry juice and whisk until fluffy.
- Pipe the blackberry frosting on top of the cookie then top with blackberry jam and chill before serving.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store these blackberry lemon cookies.
You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You will have to store them in a single layer in order to not mess up the frosting and jam though.
Can I freeze these Crumbl cookies?
You sure can. Make sure to flash freeze them on a flat surface for an hour or until solid then transfer them into an airtight container making sure to separate each one with wax paper or parchment paper.
How can I make mini catering Crumbl lemon blackberry cookies
To make these cookies smaller you can make 12 mini cookies instead of 6. Bake them for 8-9nminutes instead of 11 minutes and frost as you would the bigger ones.
Lemon blackberry cookies – Crumbl copycat recipe
Lemon blackberry cookies – Crumbl copycat recipe
- ½ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar extra for dusting the cookies
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 & ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds Optional (the crumbl one had them in the cookie dough but I forgot to add them in in the photo)
Make the lemon cookie base
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a baking sheet with parchement paper and set it aside.
- Cream the butter, granulated sugar, and powdered sugar together until smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the egg, the lemon juice, lemon zest, and the lemon extract and mix until combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and salt (mix in the poppy seeds now if you’re adding them) until the flour mixture disappears. Don't overmix your dough. Then using a large cookie scooper (4tbsp/1/4cup) scoop out 6 equally sized cookie dough balls, and place them on the prepared baking sheet and gently flatten them to about ½ inch in thickness.
- Bake the cookies in the oven for 11 minutes, then let them cool down on the baking sheet for 10-15 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool down fully.
- Once fully cooled, frost with the blackberry frosting and add a dollop of blackberry jam on top.
Make the blackberry frosting
- Cream the cream cheese and butter together until combined.
- Add in the powdered sugar, blackberry puree/juice, lemon zest, and vanilla extract, and mix until light and fluffy.
- Frost the cookies, top with a dollop of jam, and enjoy!
How to store these blackberry lemon cookies.You can store these cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. You will have to store them in a single layer in order to not mess up the frosting and jam though.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!