This Summer Nectarine Flatbread Appetizer is too easy to make! It is our favorite 5-ingredient appetizer or quick meal option for when we are feeling fancy. It has the perfect balance of savory sweet and oh so cheesy! Try it next time you are looking for a perfect summer entertaining recipe.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Nothing beats ripe nectarines in my opinion… with peaches being a close second. that light, fresh, and fruity fragrance bring back all the feels.
For today’s recipe I was going for something a whole lot different from what I usually post. But something I absolutely love eating! First off, it’s savory instead of all the sweet recipes I post and second, well, it’s a fancy hosting recipe….
Or just a recipe to make as a treat yourself meal from time to time 🙂
Something about myself is that I am totally obsessed with Italian style appetizers as well as any and all cheeses! I was just telling Kyle that I am probably made out of 35% cheese and the rest water… LOL
But seriously though, I can eat these flatbread apps anytime and feel a thousand times better because this my way of doing self care.
Also, something you might not know about me yet, I am a sweet and salty recipe type of gal. Put some cheese on a cracker and top that with honey or jam and I’m happy. Hence this recipe 🙂
This is the best nectarine flatbread appetizer with ricotta cheese recipe ever!
When I say that these are the best I truly mean it! The creaminess of the ricotta, the sweetness of the nectarines and honey, as well as the crunchy savory sea salt flakes make this oh so delicious. The best part is that this summer appetizer recipe only requires 5-ingredients and can be made in less than 15 minutes!
I often find myself making it for a quick summer dinner recipe or a late lunch… Pretty much this recipe works for any time of the day if you ask me!
What’s so special about this easy summer appetizer
I am obsessed with this nectarine flat bread app because it has so many perks to it! Some of those might be:
- This is an easy recipe that you can make as a quick lunch, a quick dinner, appetizer or even to entertain a large crowd. ( just make sure to make more than one of course!
- It is a recipe that can be easily thrown together in less than 15 minutes.
- 5-ingredient recipe, hello!!
- It is a very versatile recipe. Don’t have nectarines? Try peaches or pears!
Ingredients for this nectarine flatbread appetizer
To make this insanely easy, incredible delicious flat bread recipe, you will need:
- Flatbread: I used the Stonefire organic flatbread.
- Ricotta cheese– You can use either low fat or regular ricotta cheese.
- Nectarines– Aim for ripe nectarines to accentuate the flavors of that stone fruit.
- Salt and pepper– Freshly cracked pepper and flaky sea salt are the best for this recipe.
- Fresh thyme – I prefer using fresh thyme for this recipe, but if you really can’t find some use a tiny bit of dried thyme. Keep in mind that the dried thyme is a lot stronger that fresh thyme so don’t use as much.
- Honey– You will need a little honey to drizzle it on top of the baked flat bread appetizer.
What is stone fruit?
For the longest time, I had no clue why certain fruits were called stone fruits. I knew that peaches and apricots and nectarines and many more fell under that category but I was not sure of the reason.
Now, after doing some research, I realized that the answer was so simple… They are called stone fruits because the seed/pit on the inside resembles a stone. Some other examples of stone fruits are:
- Mangoes (who even knew this was a stone fruit!!)
How to make this flatbread appetizer
First, start by preheating the oven to 425F and place the flat breads on a baking sheet.
Spread the ricotta cheese evenly between the 2 flatbread, sprinkle some black pepper on top, then top with the sliced nectarine pieces. sprinkle the fresh thyme leaves on top of the nectarines and ricotta then top the whole thing with some flaky sea salt.
Bake the flat breads for 15 minutes. Drizzle the flat breads with honey, a little extra sea salt (to taste) and enjoy!
This summer appetizer recipe is so so easy! I have made it so many times to the point where my friends and family requests it whenever nectarines are in season. If you want to make this but nectarines are not in season, you can always go with figs, berries, or even pears!
Nectarine flatbread appetizer recipe
I am so excited to be sharing this recipe for summer appetizer with you guys! If you try it and enjoy it, don’t forget to leave us a 5 star review by clicking on the five stars under the title and description.
Nectarine flatbread appetizer
- 2 naan bread
- 6 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 large nectarine
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1-2 tbsp honey for drizzling
- Flaky sea salt and pepper
- First, start by preheating the oven to 425F and place the flat breads on a baking sheet.
- Spread the ricotta cheese evenly between the 2 flatbread, sprinkle some black pepper on top, then top with the sliced nectarine pieces. sprinkle the fresh thyme leaves on top of the nectarines and ricotta then top the whole thing with some flaky sea salt.
- Bake the flat breads for 15 minutes. Drizzle the flat breads with honey, a little extra sea salt (to taste) and enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here! If you enjoyed this recipe, don’t forget to leave us a comment down below.
In the mean time don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date 🙂
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!