These mini chocolate chip cookies are the perfect sweet treat for when you want chocolate chip cookies but in a more cute way! They do take a lot of hands-on work but these tiny cookies are totally worth it and will impress anyone you serve them to!
Regular chocolate chip cookies, we all love them but let me give you a childhood favorite or mine, the mini warm chocolate chip cookies that I can have like 50 of in no time.
They are made with about a ½ tablespoon’s worth of cookie dough and are perfect for little hands or adult hands too, we don’t discriminate!
These are the best tiny chocolate chip cookies
These mini cookies are the perfect bite-size treat that you can enjoy whenever you just want a bite of something or you can have it with your bowl of milk instead of using cereal.
These delicious mini cookies are fun to make and a great activity to get the little ones involved in as well.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- They are bite-sized and adorable, perfect for snacking or sharing with friends
- Their small size makes them great for portion control if you’re watching your calorie intake
- Mini chocolate chip cookies make fantastic homemade gifts or party favors when packaged in cute containers or bags.
- They’re simply irresistible and bring joy to anyone who takes a bite!
Ingredients for these tiny homemade chocolate chip cookies
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this cookie recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Butter- Use softened butter. Feel free to use either salted or unsalted butter in this recipe.
- Light brown sugar & granulated sugar- This mixture is a must when trying to make a soft and chewy cookie like we are doing here.
- Egg- A medium egg is preferred in this recipe.
- Vanilla extract– This will allow us to have a little extra depth of flavor in our cookies.
- Flour – Using the right amount of flour is key to getting the right texture cookies in this recipe.
- Baking soda- This is our leavening agent.
- Salt- Always add a little salt to balance out the sweetness of your sweet treats.
- Corn starch – This is used to make our mini version of regular chocolate chip cookies that much more tender and delicious.
- Mini chocolate chips
I strongly recommend using a kitchen scale when making these mini cookies to get the exact result that I got in my own home and kitchen!
How to make these mini chewy chocolate chip cookies
This is how you can make Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar together.
- Add in the egg and the vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch until the flour mixture disappears and soft dough forms.
- Fold in the mini chocolate chips.
- Using a ½ teaspoon measuring spoon, scoop out the cookie dough, roll it in between the palm of your hands, and place it on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet. You can also use silicone mats on top of your cookie sheet instead of parchment if you’d like.
- Top the unbaked cookie dough balls with a few extra mini chips if you’d like and bake in the preheated oven.
You can of course make this recipe by hand with a hand mixer / electric mixer or even in the bowl of a stand mixer.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store leftovers of these bite-sized chocolate chip cookies?
You can keep these leftovers in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.
Can I freeze these mini chocolate cookies?
Of course, flash freeze them on a baking sheet then transfer to an airtight container or a freezer safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Once you are ready to thaw them place them on the counter for 20-30 minutes then enjoy!
Can I use these mini cookies as cereal?
Long story short, but if you want your cookie cereal to be a little more on the crunchy side I would recommend baking the tiny balls of cookie dough for 2-3 more minutes that way whenever the milk hits the cookies they won’t get soggy, or too soft immediately.
Can I make my mini chocolate chip cookies a little thicker?
If you want your cookie to be slightly on the thicker side, roll them then chill them for 20-30 minutes before baking. This will ensure that they stay a little thicker after baking.
mini chocolate chip cookie recipe
Mini chocolate chip cookie recipe
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips extra for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and egg to the mixture and beat well until combined.¼ cup unsalted butter, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup packed light brown sugar, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 1 egg
- Mix in the flour, baking soda, salt, and cornstarch until soft dough forms. Fold in the mini chocolate chips, ensuring they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.1 cup all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoon cornstarch, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, ⅓ cup mini chocolate chips
- Scoop out small portions of dough, about ½ teaspoon each, and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Leave some space between each cookie as they will spread slightly. Top each cookie with a few extra mini chocolate chips.
If you would like your mini cookies to be slightly thicker, roll, top with the mini chocolate chips, and chill for 15-20 minutes beforr baking for 4 minutes. This will yield a thicker more buttery and soft cookie!
- Bake the mini cookies in the preheated oven for about 4 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!