This Grinch fudge recipe is the perfect sweet treat for the Christmas season. It is inspired by the movie “the grinch stole Christmas and is made with white chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and green food coloring. To finish it all, it is topped with cute little candy hearts. It is a great recipe to make with kids during the holiday season!
This is the best most fun grinch fudge recipe ever!
This homemade fudge is pretty much made using my white chocolate fudge recipe and adding neon-green food coloring to really get that Grinch color. It is one of my family’s favorite Christmas desserts and it is the perfect addition to your cookie boxes or cookie swap containers.
These little green fudge bites have a wonderful flavor thanks to the high quality white chocolate and the vanilla extract and will be the treat everyone asks for again and again.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- It’s the perfect recipe to serve on Grinch movie night!
- This recipe is simple enough that your kids can help you make it.
- Thanks to the vibrant green color it makes for the perfect holiday party dessert. Trust me it will stand out in your dessert table!
- It is made with simple ingredients for a budget friendly recipe.
Ingredients for this Grinch fudge recipe
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this festive green fudge recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full grinch fudge recipe measurements.
- White chocolate
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Green food coloring– Make sure to use neon gel food coloring to give these fudge bites a touch of grinch.
- Heart sprinkles- These will symbolize the grinch’s heart
You can add any extract you’d like to this Grinch dessert. I think peppermint extract would go amazingly with the color of the fudge as well.
How to make this delicious holiday treat?
This is how you can make this simple fudge recipe. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full step-by-step instructions!
- In a microwave-safe bowl, add in the white chocolate chips and the sweetened condensed milk.
- Melt in the microwave or over a double boiler until smooth.
- Give it a good stir to combine.
- Add in a few drops of food coloring and mix. Start with a little bit then add more green food coloring if you need to get to your desired color.
- Top the fudge with your heart sprinkles making sure to spread them evenly so that whenever you cut your fudge each slice will have a heart on it.
- Allow the fudge to set in the ridge for 3 hours before pulling it out and slicing it into individual pieces.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
How to store this Grinch fudge?
You can store this fudge in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. Enjoy it from the fridge whenever the cravings hit!
Can I freeze this fudge?
I know that Christmas is a super busy time of year so feel free to make these ahead of time, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze for up to 3 months. This is a great make ahead dessert that you can let thaw in the fridge overnight for whenever you want to serve or gift it.
I don’t have red heart sprinkles, what can I use instead?
If you don’t have the red heart sprinkles, you can melt red candy melts and pipe little hearts on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Let them set in the fridge before using them to decorate your fudge.
Can you add food coloring to chocolate?
This is a tricky one because adding anything different to chocolate has a bad reputation. Usually to color your chocolate you want to opt in for oil based food coloring but because we have it mixed with sweetened condensed milk you can add other types of food coloring without the chocolate seizing.
No bake grinch fudge
The best Grinch fudge recipe
- Line an 8×8 inch baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, combine the whole chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk and microwave in 30 second increments until fully melted.3 cups white chocolate chips, 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- Stir to combine then add in the green gel food coloring and the vanilla extract. Add more green gel food coloring if needed.1 teaspoon vanilla extract, neon green gel food coloring
- Pour the fudge onto the prepared baking pan, decorate with the red sprinkle hearts and let it set in the fridge for 3 hours or until completely set. Remove the fudge from the pan and slice into 36 square pieces.36 heart sprinkles
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!