Fail proof air fryer mozzarella sticks are the perfect game day snack. They are super cheesy, have a crispy outer layer and are a whole lot lighter than your regular fried mozzarellas sticks. In this article I will show you a step by step of how to make your favorite snack in your air fryer!
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
I can live off of cheese. No, seriously, anyone that knows me knows that I can seriously live off of cheese and crackers. Maybe add some jam tor honey o that and call it a day.
So when I decided that I wanted to share this super cheesy recipe, I was over the moon!!! I was going to get all the cheese my heart desired. I love days where I shoot savory because it gives me the perfect reason to eat all the good food I make.
I’ve always been a savory kind of girl, so expect more game day appetizers to come your way in the near future.
This is my go to game day air fryer mozzarella stick recipe
I know, I know.. I keep saying game day and if you know me again, you know I don’t like foot ball.
You have to understand that I am form Algeria so to me foot ball is soccer. I like soccer, but I am not in love with soccer. So when it comes to football, I just go to football viewing parties just for the array of snacks that they have or that I will bring. Since, it’s football season, I figured that there was no better reason for me to eat all the appetizers after I made them and share them with you. Now, in my mind, it’s a win win for all of us.
If you like football, you’re gonna have some amazingly tasty appetizer recipes, and I will have a blast making them and shooting them (and devouring them at the end of the day). So, enjoy making your lighter mozzarella sticks and watching your Sunday football.
What’s so special about these air fryer mozzarella sticks?
- They are super quick to make!
- These fried mozzarella stick are a lighter version of the original recipe so they’re a bit more forgiving.
- Each stick is perfectly crunchy.
- Kid friendly recipe to make on the weekends.
Ingredients to make mozzarella sticks in the air fryer
To make these awesome game day snacks, you will need the following ingreidents:
- Mozzarella sticks– I used the mozzarella sticks but if you can’t get your hand on those, you can take a mozzarella block and cut it into sticks.
- Flour– All purpose flour works great here. It works to seal the cheese.
- Eggs– The eggs will help the bread crumb mixture stick.
- Bread crumbs– I use regular bread crumbs but if you want extra crunch you can use Panko bread crumbs.
- Parmesan cheese– The parmesan cheese adds a wonderful flavor to the coating.
- Garlic– Garlic also adds a nice flavor to the finished product.
How to make the best game day mozzarella sticks?
Start by placing the flour in a shallow bowl, set aside. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl and set aside. Beat the eggs in a third shallow bowl and set aside.
Now, start by dipping the mozzarella sticks in flour, making sure to coat them fully then coat them in the beaten egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place the mozzarella sticks on an parchment lined baking sheet and place that in the freezer for 10 minutes.
When the coating is completely frozen, pull them out and repeat the process of dipping them in the egg mixture and then back into the bread crumb mixture. Place the cheese sticks back on the parchment lined baking sheet and back into the freezer for another15 minutes, or until the cheese is completely frozen again.
5 minutes before you’re ready to air fry your mozzarellas sticks, preheat your air fryer to 390F. When the mozzarella sticks are ready, pull them out of the freezer, and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. you might need to cook them in two different batches if your air fryer is not big enough. Spray the sticks with a little bit of cooking spray and cook for 6 minutes.
Immediately serve sprinkles with some parsley and a side of marinara.
Tips for the best mozzarella sticks!
I had to try this recipe so many times to get it right for you guys. The issue was that the cheese would keep oozing out when I air fried my mozzarella sticks and of course that’s not what we want!
- Dip the mozzarella sticks in the bread crumbs twice– We want that thick layer for both texture but also to protect the cheese from oozing out too much when you’re air frying it.
- Don’t skip the freezing part– Freezing the cheese is super important because it will make sure that the cheese is solid when you start the air frying process. This way the outer layer cooks before the cheese starts to melt and you will end up with almost no cheese oozing out!
- Coat the mozzarella sticks with some cooking spray– This step will ensure that your mozzarella sticks have that perfect crispy outer layer.
More game day recipes you’ll love!
How to serve mozzarella sticks?
This is a game day favorite, so you can serve it with little ramequins of marinara sauce for dipping. You can also serve them with ranch if that’s what your family or guests prefers.
I also like to serve them alongside some fresh veggies because eating cheese if fun and all, but I try to keep it balanced!
How to store air fried mozzarella sticks?
If you made too much you can always store your mozzarella sticks for next time. There are a few ways to store them actually, so I hope yo find what works best for you.
You can store uncooked mozzarella sticks
If you want to make your mozzarella sticks ahead of time, follow all the steps but don’t cook them, just place them in an airtight container and pop them in the freezer. Whenever you’re ready you can pull them out and cook your frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer at 375F for 10 minutes.
You can also store your cooked mozzarella sticks
If you made too much, you can always store your cooked mozzarella sticks, just make sure that you let them cool down to room temperature before placing them in an airtight container and popping them in the fridge. You can reheat these in the microwave for 5-10 seconds or in the air fryer at 350F for 10 minutes. This is a great way to store your leftovers for the next day or for the next meal.
Fair Proof Air fryer Mozzarella sticks
If you enjoyed this keto pumpkin mousse make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
Fail proof air fryer mozzarella sticks
- Air fryer
- 6 mozzarella sticks
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic
- Start by placing the flour in a shallow bowl, set aside. Combine the bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, and garlic powder together in a shallow bowl and set aside. Beat the eggs in a third shallow bowl and set aside.
- Now, start by dipping the mozzarella sticks in flour, making sure to coat them fully then coat them in the beaten egg mixture, then into the bread crumb mixture. Place the mozzarella sticks on an parchment lined baking sheet and place that in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- When the coating is completely frozen, pull them out and repeat the process of dipping them in the egg mixture and then back into the bread crumb mixture. Place the cheese sticks back on the parchement lined baking sheet and back into the freezer for another 15 minutes, or until they're completely frozen again.
- 5 minutes before you're ready to air fry your mozzarellas sticks, preheat your air fryer to 390F. When the mozzarella sticks are ready, pull them out of the freezer, and place them in the air fryer basket in a single layer. you might need to cook them in two different batches if your air fryer is not big enough. Spray the sticks with a little bit of cooking spray and cook for 6 minutes.
- Immediately serve sprinkles with some parsley and a side of marinara.
- If you have leftover and want to store them for the next day, wait until they are completely cool before you place them in an airtight container in the fridge.
- If you want to reheat your air frier cheese sticks, you can do so either in the microwave or in the air fryer at 350F for 5-8 minutes.
More awesome air fryer recipes you will love !
- The best Air Fryer Churros
- The Best Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- Air Fryer Broccoli Parmesan| (low calorie, low carb, healthy snack, keto)
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here If you tried this awesome game day air fryer recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out. In the mean time don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!