Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Cookies
Fall to us means apples! These apple cinnamon oatmeal cookies will definitely hit the spot this fall.
Servings: 12 cookies
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger or cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter room temp
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg room temp
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup Granny Smith apple peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup dried apple chips chopped
- 1/3 cup walnuts toasted and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a mixing bowl sift together flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Add oats and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together butter and brown sugar with the paddle attachment.
Mix in egg, vanilla extract, shredded apple and lemon juice just until combined. Slowly add in the flour mixture until you have an even mixture. Fold in the dried apples and walnuts.
Scoop out dough using an ice cream scoop. Place the cookies a couples inches apart on two parchment lined sheet pans. Bake for 12-15 minutes until golden brown making sure rotate the trays halfway through. Let cool on the sheet pan then transfer to a cooling rack.