This small batch brownie cookie recipe is the perfect treat for all brownie and cookie lovers alike! It is dense, fudgy, and full of chocolate. Topped with sea salt flakes for that extra elevated flavor!
Sign up to our mailing list get a FREE weekly meal planner and recipe card!
It’s finally my birthday month! So, I decided to celebrate with everything chocolate… I even thought of celebrating my birthday everyday this month by indulging in chocolatey things all month long, then I remembered summer is literally right around the corner.
So with that in mind, I decided to go for a small batch cookie recipe with the hopes of not eating too many cookies… It definitely was hard, I can tell you that much.
I succeeded in only having two and sharing the rest with my sister and boyfriend. But I will definitely make these again very soon!
What’s so special about this brownie cookie recipe?
This delicious small batch chocolate brownie cookie recipe is an incredible recipe to add to your cookie repertoire. It has a beautifully cracked top with a dense and fudgy inside. Think of it as your favorite brownie recipe put into a cookie form.
The recipe itself is very easy to make and requires no chilling time, which to me means, I’ll get to have these beauties in less time! So I am all about it.
The small batch recipe is also perfect if you prefer to have fresh cookies instead of 1-2 day old ones. I always gravitate toward the freshly made ones so this small batch brownie cookie recipe is the perfect option.
The small batch aspect will also allow you to not over indulge either, so it’s a win-win situation.
More brownie recipe you will love!
- Cheesecake swirled red velvet brownies
- Easy chewy brownies with cocoa powder
- The best brownie recipe with cake mix
- Bakery style brownies with no cocoa powder
Ingredients for brownie cookies
Here are all the ingredients you will need to make every chocolate lover’s dreams come true! I included affiliate links to some of the product I used.
- Flour– All purpose flour works perfectly for this recipe.
- Cocoa powder– Use unsweetened dutch process cocoa powder, it will make these brownie cookies taste amazing!
- Baking powder– This will help give a little hight to the cookies
- Salt– You always need a little bit of salt when you bake, it adds an amazing depth to the final product.
- Butter– The butter will add an incredible richness to this recipe. Unsalted butter is what we will need. If you want to use salted butter omit the pinch of salt that’s in this recipe.
- Semi sweet chocolate chips– You can use either chocolate chips or chop up your own chocolate before melting.
- Egg– Make sure the egg is at room temperature.
- Brown sugar– Any brown sugar works for this recipe
- Granulated sugar– You will need regular sugar for this recipe too.
- Vanilla – Aways add vanilla to your chocolate desserts.
- Sea salt flakes for topping– This is optional but I highly recommend it! Salt and sweet go so well together.
Tools needed to make the chocolate brownie cookies
Below are some of the essential things you will need to make this recipe for yourself! I included some of my favorite products through affiliate links.
How to make easy brownie cookies
For the more detailed recipe scroll a little lower.
- First start by preparing and measuring out all your ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 350F then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a small bowl.
- In a small sauce pan melt the butter. Once melted remove from the heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until fully melted.
- While the butter and chocolate are melting, whip the egg and both sugars in a stand mixer using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Whip it for about 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is lighter is color and airy.
- Slowly add in the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and gently fold. Once that’s incorporated, add in the dry mixture and fold just until combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop out cookie dough balls onto the parchment paper lined baking sheet, making sure to leave about 2 inches between the cookies. Top the cookie dough with sea salt flakes and bake for 10 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool then enjoy!
Tips for the best small batch brownie cookie recipe
- Use good quality cocoa and chocolate – The main thing in these brownie cookies is the chocolate so make sure that you are using great quality chocolate and cocoa powder.
- Don’t over-bake the cookies –The cookies will look a bit under-baked when it’s time to pull them out of the oven but don’t be scared they will continue baking as you pull them out!
Small batch brownie cookie recipe
Small batch brownie cookie recipe
- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4oz or 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Start by preheating the oven to 350F then line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over medium-low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and add in the chocolate chips. Stir until melted and well incorporated.
- While the butter and chocolate mixture in melting, whisk the room temperature egg and both the granulated sugar and brown sugar using a stand mixer or a hand mixer. Beat on medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes or until the mixture is light and airy.
- Slowly add in the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and gently fold. Add in the dry ingredients to the wet mixture again and fold using a rubber spatula. Avoid over-mixing, you want to fold in the dry i=mixture just until it's combined.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop the batter in balls onto the parchment lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches in between each cookie. Top the cookie dough with sea salt if you want and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a cooling wrack to cool completely!
More cookie recipes
- Healthy no bake cookies
- Small batch peanut butter cookies
- Fudgy chocolate cake mix crinkle cookies
- Small batch chocolate chip cookies
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!