Hot chocolate bombs recipe
Hot chocolate bombs are what the holidays should be all about. They are super fun to make and a great activity for children and are even more fun when you pour hot milk over them and watch them explode!
Servings: 8 Mini chocolate bombs
First, start by melting the chocolate chips in the microwave-safe bowl in 30 seconds increment, stir between each one.. Keep microwaving in 30-second increments until the chocolate if fully melted.
If using the gold dust, take a pastry brush, dip it in the golden dusts and brush each cavity with the powder.
Add a tablespoon of the melted chocolate into each mold cavity. Using the back of a spoon, smooth out the chocolate on the sides of each mold. If there isn't enough chocolate to coat the inside of the molds add a little bit at a time and smooth it over again. Place the mold in the freezer for 15 minutes or until the chocolate is completely solid.
Pull out the hardened chocolate by pulling and gently stretching the silicone mold. The chocolate will pull away from the mold and you can either remove it from there using your hands (I like to wear gloves for this step to avoid finger prints on the chocolate) or flip your mold onto a parchment lined baking sheet and push the top gently while lifting the mold. If you are working in a hot kitchen and notice your chocolate domes starting to melt, put them back in the freezer right away to harden again.
Now, you can slightly heat up a pan or a plate, place them on your work surface and proceed to fill up a dome of chocolate with 1 tbsp of hot chocolate mix and about 6 marshmallows. Now, press one of the empty chocolate domes against the warm plate or pan to slightly melt the rim. Place your empty chocolate dome over the filled one and gently press to seal. Work fast, as we don't want our chocolate spheres to melt.
Store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
Make your hot chocolate with hot chocolate bombs
- Make sure that the bowl that you're melting the chocolate in is fully dry- Chocolate doesn't mix well with water so dry your bowl and spatula fully.
- Make sure that the mold is fully coated in chocolate to have a sturdy hot chocolate bomb- Enough chocolate is key to keep these hot chocolate bombs intact when you fill them up.
- Work quickly to assemble the chocolate spheres- The chocolate spheres are pretty fragile, so work fast to avoid them melted all over the place.
- Wear gloves if possible- Our hands tend to get warm very quickly and that can leave finger prints on your chocolate.
- If the chocolate is melting too quickly place them back in the freezer for a few minutes to harden.
Calories: 70kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 130mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 11g | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg