This frozen strawberry lemonade is the best drink to have on a hot summer day. It is made with frozen strawberries, fresh lemonade, and some ice cubes to get it to the right consistency. This is the perfect refreshing drink to make on weekends when you need a sweet treat for the whole family!
This is the best strawberry frozen lemonade recipe
When you are craving something a little tart and a little fruity this is the best summer drink for you. It is made with lemonade and strawberries because who doesn’t love a good strawberry lemonade?
But we turned it into a slushie consistency so that you can enjoy it poolside all summer long.
Why you need to make this recipe!
- This recipe is made with only a handful of simple ingredients that you might already have on hand!
- You can make a kid version and also an adult version of this recipe.
- It only takes 5 minutes and will leave you with the best drink of your life.
Ingredients for this incredible frozen strawberry lemonade
Here are the ingredients you will need to make this frozen homemade strawberry lemonade. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed ingredient measurements.
- Frozen strawberries
- Sugar or simple syrup- You might not need to add any extra sweetener to this delicious drink but taste and assess if it needs it or not depending on your preference.
How to make this frozen strawberry lemonade recipe?
This is how you can make this frozen homemade lemonade. Make sure to scroll down to the recipe card for the full detailed instructions!
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.
- Add a little water or lemonade to make the mixture thinner or add a little more frozen strawberries or ice to make this drink thicker.
- Serve in a tall glass and garnish as you please! I love decorating this with w fresh mint sprig, strawberries, and a slice of lemon.
Frequently asked questions – FAQ
Can I use fresh or frozen strawberries for this recipe?
Fresh strawberries are great but frozen are better because they allow you to add less ice into this refreshing beverage, plus they won’t dilute your beverage. So if you have fresh strawberries, remove the stems and freeze them until solid then use them in this drink.
Can I make a frozen cocktail version of this drink?
You sure can! All you have to do is add your favorite liquor to the blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend. Some alcohol options would be tequila, gin, white wine, or even vodka!
Can I use this recipe as a base for making other frozen fruit beverages?
100% yes! You can use this recipe to make mango frozen lemonade, pineapple frozen lemonade, and even blueberry frozen lemonade. Just make sure to taste before you serve to assess if it needs more or less sweetener so that it tastes the best it can!
Can I make this frozen strawberry lemonade into a low-calorie beverage for summer?
Using low sugar low-calorie lemonade in this recipe will allow you to have a lower-calorie drink that you can enjoy on a warm day!
Can I make frozen strawberry lemonade ahead of time and store it?
No this lemonade is best made and served asap because it is frozen and the longer it sits the more the texture will melt. My best tip is to weigh and set aside all of your ingredients before you have to serve it that way all you would have to do is blend and serve.
Frozen strawberry lemonade- AKA your new favorite summer drink
Frozen strawberry lemonade
- 2 cup strawberries frozen
- 1 cup lemonade
- 1 cup ice
- 2 tablespoon sugar add to taste if desired, you can also add simple syrup instead of granulated sugar
- Add the frozen strawberries, lemonade, and ice to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.2 cup strawberries, 1 cup lemonade, 1 cup ice
- Taste and add the sugar if needed and blend again.2 tablespoon sugar
- Serve in tall glasses, garnish with a lemon wedge, strawberries, mint sprigs and enjoy!
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!