This hazelnut hot chocolate recipe is healthy and only requires 3 ingredients. It is the perfect cozy winter drink that you can make anytime. It is vegan friendly and uses maple sugar for extra depth of flavor. Best part, it tastes just like Nutella.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
Hello from my living room, where I’m dressed like I haven’t left the house in 3 year while I sip my delicious 3 ingredient hazelnut hot chocolate. It’s really starting to look like this year has taken a toll on me. But I couldn’t be happier and more proud of the woman I am becoming.
A few years back I would always start something and then quit it after a while. When I started this blog back in 2018, i had told myself that it was gonna be different this time. It was, I stuck through it and here I am today., still creating, still loving what I do, and still so happy to share all these amazing recipes with you. So thank you for having been here with me through this crazy journey.
But back to today’s recipe!
This is the best healthy 3-ingredient hazelnut hot chocolate recipe ever!
I have always loved the combination of hazelnuts, and chocolate. It actually reminds me of the flavor of Nutella, and lord knows I am a Nutella addict! I actually just posted a healthy, gluten-free, and vegan hazelnut chocolate bar recipe that you need to check out asap if you love the combo too.
But after I made that I decided that I should probably make a drink that had hazelnut and chocolate in it because nothing taste better than that combination if we’re being honest and that’s how this drink was born 🙂
What makes this vegan cozy drink so special?
This recipe is awesome for a plethora or reasons, here are a few!
- It is dairy free
- It is extremely easy to make!
- It could be made in the microwave or on the stove.
- It is vegan friendly
- Best part is that it only uses 3 ingredients!
Ingredients to make this hazelnut hot chocolate recipe
Here are the ingredients to make yourself this good for you hot chocolate:
- Dutch processed cocoa powder- I use dutch processed cocoa because it makes the hot chocolate taste so much better.
- Maple sugar– We use maple sugar to give this hot chocolate more depth of flavor. You can use coconut sugar instead of maple sugar if you don’t have it.
- Hazelnut milk– I use this hazelnut milk to make my life easier but you can definitely make your own hazelnut milk if you want.
How to make this easy vegan hazelnut hot chocolate?
To make this delicious and easy vegan hot chocolate you will need to first:
- Mix the cocoa powder and the maple sugar in a mug.
- Add in about 1/4 of the hot milk.
- Mix with a whisk or a frother until fully combined.
- Add in the rest of the hot hazelnut milk
- Top it with some whipped topping and enjoy!
As always if you end up trying this recipe we would seriously love to hear about it on the comments below or on Instagram or facebook!
3-ingredient hazelnut hot chocolate
If you tried and enjoyed this recipe, make sure to give it a 5 star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the description.
3-ingredient vegan hazelnut hot chocolate
- hand frother
- Start by mixing the cocoa powder and the maple sugar in a mug.
- Add in about 1/4 of the hot milk, then mix with a whisk or a frother until fully combined.Add in the rest of the hot hazelnut milkTop it with some whipped topping and enjoy!
- Add in the rest of the hot hazelnut milk then top it with some whipped topping and enjoy!
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
Did you enjoy vegan hazelnut hot chocolate? We would love it if you could leave a comment letting us know. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
Shop this recipe
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!