This healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe is for all my pumpkin lovers out there. It tastes just like pumpkin pie and it’s totally good for you. Have it as a breakfast smoothie or snack to curb your sweet cravings.
SIGN UP TO OUR MAILING LIST GET A FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER AND RECIPE CARD!
You guys, I’m immersed in this fall pumpkin thing! So immersed that I even have breakfast pumpkin pie smoothies because it tastes so good, is healthy and filling, and it checks my does it have pumpkin in it list.
What can I say, I just love anything and everything made out of pumpkins. For today’s recipes, I wanted to go with a slightly healthier option compared to all the things I’ve been making lately.
This is the best healthy pumpkin smoothie recipe for fall!
This smoothie is one of my favorite especially since it stays hot in vegas for a little while after fall is here. It’s refreshing, healthy, filling, and an be made in less than 5 minutes if you have the ingredients for it.
I always have frozen bananas on hand, and since I’ve been baking up a pumpkin storm recently, I also have a lot of leftover canned pumpkin that needs to be used up so it goes towards this pumpkin pie smoothie.
I’m not gonna lie though, sometimes I open up a can of pumpkin puree just for the sake of making this pumpkin smoothie and that’s okay too!
I topped my pumpkin smoothie with a light drizzle of granola butter because it makes it prettier to look at and it makes it super tasty too!
What does a pumpkin smoothie taste like?
This smoothie specifically tastes like a lighter crustless pumpkin pie. to me it screams fall and Thanksgiving and I absolutley love that especially since it is totally good for you.
I would say if you want to feel like you’re having a crusted pumpkin pie, maybe add a little oat and some pecans too before blending the whole thing. But this one tastes spiced and packed with pumpkin because it uses a good amount of canned pumpkin. While still having a slight nutty hint from the almond butter.
Ingredients to make a healthy pumpkin smoothie
- Banana– You will. need a ripe and frozen banana for this smoothie.
- Pumpkin puree– I like to use any leftover pumpkin puree in my smoothies.
- Pumpkin pie spice– You can either purchase this from the store or make our homemade pumpkin pie spice.
- Salt– A little salt to balance the sweetness.
- Almond butter– The almond butter gives a great nuttiness aspect to this smoothie.
- Milk– I use low fat milk and it tastes great with this smoothie.
- Maple syrup– The maple syrup is optional but it adds a nice little depth of flavor and a yummy sweetness to our drink.
Can I use homemade pumpkin puree instead of canned pumpkin puree?
Absolutely! If you have some homemade pumpkin puree you can substitute it for the canned pumpkin in this recipe at a 1:1 ratio. So whatever you have at home, feel free to use that for the same great tasty smoothie.
How to add more nutrition to this pumpkin smoothie?
If you want to take your pumpkin smoothie up a notch and make it even more healthy for you can add a few more ingredients to the mix for a way better for you drink. This will allow this smoothie to keep you fuller longer and give you all the nutrients your body deserves. Here are a few of my favorite smoothie add-ins:
- Chia seed- I love adding chia seeds to my smoothies because it adds fiber and a whole lot of omega3s perfect if you don’t eat that much meat like myself.
- Flax seed– I add flax seeds to my smoothies every-time because they are high in fiber and protein. So I add a few teaspoons of it to my smoothies.
- Hemp hearts– Hemp hearts are earthy and super nutty and are packed with fiber and omega 3s, the perfect addition to this pumpkin pie smoothie recipe.
- Greek yogurt– Greek yogurt is a great addition to any smoothie. it adds smoothness and increases the protein amount of the smoothie.
- Protein powder– This will add an extra kick of protein to your daily smoothie. If you are going to use protein powder add a few tablespoons and omit the maple syrup.
- Frozen cauliflower – Adding frozen steamed cauliflower is the best to get that extra servings of veggies into your diet.
You can also mix and match these healthy add-ins to make your smoothie extra healthy and extra filling.
Tips for making your pumpkin pie smoothie
To make the best smoothies ever, here are a few tips that I live by!
- Use frozen banana if you like your smoothies thick, if not use a non frozen banana.
- Make sure your banana is ripe for maximum natural sweetness.
- If the smoothie is still too thick to your liking add a splash of milk and blend again.
- Make sure you have a good blender to get the smoothest smoothie consistency.
Can you make this healthy pumpkin smoothie ahead of time?
Absolutely! This smoothie can be made ahead of time for you to enjoy throughout the week. Make a few extra servings on this healthy smoothie and store it in a tightly closed mason jar in the fridge for 2-3 days. or in the freezer for up to 3 month.
When you’re ready to enjoy it either shake it up and drink it or pull it out of the freezer and thaw it for a few hours before shaking it and enjoying it.
Step by step on how to make a pumpkin smoothie at home
Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick to your liking add a little bit of milk and if it’s too thick add either ice or a 1/2 a frozen banana. Serve and enjoy.
More pumpkin recipes you will love
- Easy Homemade Pumpkin Pie
- The Easiest Moist Pumpkin Sheet Cake (8x8inch)
- The Easiest Small Batch Pumpkin Donuts (YIELD 4)
- The Best Pumpkin Muffins with Pumpkin Streusel
Easy pumpkin smoothie recipe
If you enjoyed this homemade mayonnaise make sure to give it a 5-star rating by clicking on the 5 stars under the title and description.
Easy and healthy pumpkin smoothie
- 1 banana frozen
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter or any nut butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup optional
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick to your liking add a little bit of milk and if it's too thick add either ice or a 1/2 a frozen banana. Serve and enjoy
Thank you so much for making it all the way down here
If you tried this awesome game day air fryer recipe and loved it as much as we did, make sure to leave a comment down below to let us know how your keto mousse turned out. In the meantime don’t forget to follow us on Instagram.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This post may contain affiliate posts, meaning that at no cost to you I will get a small percentage of every purchase you make!