These Small Batch chocolate chip cookies are guaranteed to be the best soft and chewy cookies you’ve ever had! This recipe is easily whip-able and will come together in less than 20 minutes for everyone to enjoy!
Man oh man! This recipe has been in the works for so long! I have been making chocolate chip cookies ever since I was a youngin’! Everybody loved them so it made it easier for me to practice my chocolate chip cookie baking skills.
Now that I am grown up, or so to speak, I make some mean cookies!! You can ask anyone who knows me. They are blessed with receiving cookies pretty frequently, bu trust me that is not the only reason why they love them!
My chocolate chip cookies are so soft ad chewy and melt in your mouth tha tyou probably will not be able to stop at just one…
Let me know if you’ve been able to! I’d like to know your secrets because these cookies do make the scale tip a certain way when I start making them too often…
How to make small batch chocolate chip cookies VIDEO
More recipes you’ll love!
- Chocolate walnut slice and bake cookies
- Cranberry oatmeal cookies
- Dulce de leche stuffed snicker doodle cookies
- Brown butter white chocolate macadamia cookies
When I am not trying to share all my cookies or simply don’t have anyone to give them to I love to go with these one-bowl small batch chocolate chip cookies though… This recipe will give you 10 medium sized cookies. You can enjoy them with your little family or split them in half or in three and freeze whatever you do not want to bake right then and there. One of the cool things about these cookies is that they keep really well in the freezer.
So since it is just my sister and I, these soft chocolate cookies hit the spot just right. We enjoy a couple or so each on the day I bake them and then store the rest in an airtight container.
She often snacks on them in the morning since culturally we are more inclined to enjoy sweet food for breakfast, which makes me a little weird since I absolutely prefer savory over sweet in the morning.
Ingredients for these soft chocolate chip cookies
When in a rush ( yes cravings don’t wait, so when they hit, I am in a huge rush to get these done!) this small match soft chocolate chip cookie recipe is one of our favorite cookie recipe to make. They don’t need too many ingredients and will be ready so quick!
If I convinced you to make these absolutely easy and delicious cookies, check out the ingredients you will need:
- Butter – This will give that perfect buttery flavor to your cookies!
- Brown sugar – This will keep our cookies extra soft with a nice molasses flavor.
- An egg yolk – Just one 🙂
- Flour– I us all purpose flour for this recipe, but feel free to experiment with whole wheat flour for a healthier option.
- Cornstarch– This is my secret ingredient to extra chewy cookies!
- Baking soda
- Salt – when using unsalted butter, always add a bit of salt to your baked goods to add a depth of flavor.
- Vanilla – Pretty much the most magical ingredient… Makes everything taste amazing!
- Semi sweet chocolate chips – I used regular sized semi sweet chocolate chips but if you have something else feel free to use that!
I have made this recipe with no chocolate at all, It makes for the perfect small batch chocolate chip-less cookies.
Another thing that you can use instead of the semi sweet chocolate chips would be nuts! I definitely am a sucker for nut cookies 🙂 and I am sure you will be too if you give it a try.
Can I use salted butter instead of unsalted butter in my chocolate chip cookies?
Absolutely! salt is always welcome in baked good but make sure to not add any salt to the recipe. So next time you run out of unsalted butter and only have salted use that and omit the salt that the recipe calls for!
Equipment to make this small batch of choc chip cookies
This is a one-bowl recipe!!! So if we compare it to other cookie recipes, you need close to nothing… How cool it that!? Huh 🙂
Here is what you will need:
- a silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- A baking sheet
- a medium sized cookies scooper
I am guessing you have the rest ( measuring utensils, a bowl ,and something to mix with) so I won’t list them with the other things I said you’ll need!
I used C&H sugar, because I wanted to try out something new! This is not a sponsored post and all opinions are my own. I really enjoyed using this sugar and it made the chocolate chip cookies super soft! Let me know what sugar end up using :)!
How to make one-bowl Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Since these cookies are a one-bowl recipe (yaasss! Less dishes to wash) Here’s how to make them:
- Using a spatula cream the butter and both sugars together.
2. Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix until smooth.
3. Add in the dry ingredients and stir just until combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips, then scoop our 10 equal cookie dough balls and place them on the parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350F for 9-10 minutes, then let the cookie cool on the baking sheet for 5 more minutes. This will allow them to bake a bit more before transferring them to a cooling rack.
Pretty simple huh! soon enough you’ll have your own fresh batch of these delicious and easy chocolate chip cookies!
IF YOU MADE SOMETHING FROM LIFESTYLEOFAFOODIE, I WOULD LOVE TO SEE ALL YOUR CREATIONS AND KNOW HOW EVERYTHING TURNED OUT! SO DON’T FORGET TO LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW AND FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, AND FACEBOOK.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 4 tbsp butter Slightly softened
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp + 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- In a medium bowl, cream the butter and both sugars together. I did so using my spatula.
- Add in the vanilla and egg yolk and mix everything is smooth and well incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients over the wet ingredient mixture, starting with the flour, corn starch, baking soda, and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, then using a medium cookie scoop, scoop our the cookie dough to create 10 equal cookies.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 9-10 minutes. Don't worry if they look underdone or gooey in the middle. That's what we want, they will continue to bake even after you pull them out of the oven to cool.
- Cool on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.
- To measure out the flour, use the spoon and sweet method. Spoon the flour into the measuring cup and sweep excess off with a flat knife or spatula. This will give you a more accurate measurement next to weighings.
- The tops will be puffy when you pull these cookies out of the oven but it’s okay because they will deflate as they rest and cook a little longer on the baking sheet while cooling.
- You can save these cookies in an airtight container for up to 5 days. They will probably be gone by then, but this is here for whomever needs it!
Tips on how to make THE best small batch chocolate chip cookies
- Always under-bake your cookies. Like I said before, the cookies will continue baking when you pull them out of the oven and that’s what will give you a nice and soft chocolate chip cookie!
- To make your chocolate chip cookies extra appetizing, have extra chocolate chips and poke them on top of the cookie dough balls before baking! They will melt but still be visible… Super food porn-y!
How to store these small batch chocolate chip cookies?
To store these chocolate chip cookie, place them in an airtight container or zip plastic bag. They will keep for up to 5 days.
Can I freeze chocolate chip cookies?
You absolutely can! I mean why not you know… Let’s say you made too many than you can eat and you literally have no one to share them with, well the freezer is your best bet!
To freeze your cookies, let them cool completely, then place them in a single layer on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. When they are completely frozen, transfer them to an air tight freezer safe plastic bag. These will keep for 3 to 4 weeks in the freezer.
Whenever you are ready to enjoy these, pull them out and let them sit at room temp or warm them up in the oven for a few minutes. If you’re really in a hurry though, you can always microwave the cookies in 10 second intervals.
How to freeze this chocolate chip cookie dough?
If you’re anything like my sister or me, you always like to have a nice little stash of cookie dough in the freezer! It can be an absolute life saver… Wether you need to have something easy to give to friends or something readily available for when you’re PMSing hard core! We got you!
For this small batch soft choc chip cookies recipe, you will want to scoop our the dough as if you were about to bake it, but then freeze it instead. This means, scoop the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and freeze. When they’re frozen, you can seal the little balls of goodness in airtight plastic freezer bag.
When you’re ready to bake them pull them out of the freezer and let them sit while your oven is preheating. You will then need to bake them a minute or two longer so have quick and instant cookies, any time of day!