These Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs are packed with flavor and so healthy for you! If you are looking for different ways to enjoy your chicken, try these baked meatballs. Ready in less than an hour and so so yummy!
Make sure to sign up to my newsletter to stay up to date on all the best recipes!
Hello friends! I am back with yet another amazing recipe.
This time it is a savory recipe which is something I haven’t done in a while. So I made sure to make a little extra special! Today we are making buffalo chicken meatballs. They’re like buffalo chicken wings but on roids… They are moist and super flavorful so they make for the perfect game day snack, while still being super healthy!
Personally I am not the biggest football fan but I still know that the super bowl is right around the corner. So I know that a lot of you are looking for super bowl menu ideas, and this healthy baked chicken meatballs recipe is for you!
I mean… If these baked buffalo chicken meatballs were served, even if there was football involved I will be the first one there!
So with some experimenting and a couple of failed batches, I ended up with these both delicious and healthy buffalo chicken meatballs. and guess what?! I have been making them at least once a week now!!
On the plus side having these buffalo meatballs makes your life a lot easier when trying to eat healthier and meal prep. Having things to eat on the go because you could prepare them Sunday and have them ready to go for the rest of the week will make sticking to your new year’s resolution of eating better super duper easy.
As you can see per the photo above, I already devoured two of the meatballs before even taking the photo… This on its own should tell you how amazing these are.
What ingredients to make healthy baked buffalo chicken meatballs?
To make these chicken meatballs you will need these ingredients:
- Ground chicken meat- You can go for either white or dark meat.
- An Onion
- Cayenne pepper
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Buffalo sauce– You can use whichever buffalo sauce brand you prefer!
- Bread crumbs– The bread crumbs will keep the chicken meat moist
- An egg- This will hold everything together!
This Buffalo chicken meatballs recipe contains quite a lot of spices. That’s why I believe it is so good! By using all those spices you can create unique and delicious little bites!
How to make buffalo chicken meatballs?
Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F, then mince the onion and sweat it in a pan that’s lightly greased. This should take about 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool down.
In a separate bowl, put the ground chicken meat with all the spices, the bread crumbs, ¼ of the buffalo sauce, the egg and the minced onion after it has cooled. Mix everything with a wooden spoon (or your hands) until everything is well incorporated.
Line your baking sheet with parchment paper and start forming the meatballs. I used my mini ice cream scooper for this and it worked perfectly. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
After the meatballs have been cooked in the oven, place them in a separate pot over medium-high heat and use the leftover ¼ cup of buffalo sauce to glaze them.
Let them cook in the pan with the sauce until there isn’t any left in the pot and everything has been absorbed by the meatballs.
Serve these delicious buffalo chicken meatballs at your next tailgate gathering or place them in a glass container to save for later. Enjoy them topped with some green onions and ranch dressing! If you’re feeling a bit risky top them with some crumbled up blue cheese.
Try this buffalo chicken meatball recipe if you’re ready to impress the whole crowd!
If you are looking for more meatball recipe to impress, check out this baked Indian chicken meatballs! They’re easy to make and are full of spices 🙂
Healthy Baked Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe
Healthy baked buffalo chicken meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken meat
- ¼ of a medium onion
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup of buffalo sauce divided into two ¼
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- Start by preheating the oven to 400 degrees F, then mince the onion and sweat it in a pan that’s lightly greased. This should take about 10 minutes. Set it aside to cool down.
- In a separate bowl, put the ground chicken meat with all the spices, the bread crumbs, ¼ of the buffalo sauce, the egg and the minced onion after it has cooled. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until everything is well incorporated.
- After the meatballs have been cooked in the oven, place them in a separate pot over medium high heat and use the leftover ¼ cup of buffalo sauce to glaze them. Let them cook in the pan with the sauce until there isn’t any left in the pot and everything has been absorbed by the meatballs.
- Place them in a glass container to save for later or enjoy them topped with some green onions and ranch dressing!
More recipe you will love!
Products that I love and have used in this buffalo meatball recipe!
This article may contain some affiliate links, meaning, at no additional cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase