I am finally back… and let me tell you, I am soooo excited! I had to take some much needed time off to focus on some things and now I am back!
I know this is a very simple recipe but I have so many people asking me for a healthy oatmeal recipe that actually tastes good… Well it is finally here!
This was honestly a staple for me when I was trying to eat well in college. It is a super cheap breakfast that is super filling too!
So there it is finally! this super easy, fast, and healthy banana and nut butters oatmeal recipe 🙂
No sugar added breakfast banana oatmeal
Yield 1 serving
You could easily double or triple this recipe!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Total Time 7 minutes
- ⅓ cup of oats
- ⅔ cup of milk or water
- Here is the trick, you can use more than just ⅓ of a cup of oats but just double the amount of liquid.
- 1 banana
- A second banana is optional and is used for decorating/topping your breakfast bowl
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp homemade nut butter or store-bought nut butter
- So, first things first, get your bowl and mash your banana in it.
- Add the oats, the cinnamon, the water or milk, and the chia seeds, stir, and microwave for two minutes
- Pull out the bowl from the microwave and give it a good stir. Then place it back in the microwave for another minute or two depending on the texture that you prefer.
- If you decided to go with the second optional banana, then slice it and place it on top of your oatmeal bowl, and top evrything with the nut butter!
As always, I would love to see you guys try my recipes so make sure to tag me ( @chahinez_tbt ) on Instagram whenever you try this!
Also don’t forget to follow me on social media to stay up to date!!