Alright, guys!!!! I can officially say that I am done with college. Last week was my last final ever and now I am free!! It’s been a hell of a ride this past couple of years but I can proudly say that I accomplished this huge milestone and now I am ready to take this blogging thing to the next level.Today I am sharing with you this delicious cauliflower pizza crust because I figured many of us are still trying to maintain this summer body that we all worked so hard for. It obviously is not the real thing but it gets super close with a fraction of the calories. I first started making this recipe without the almond flour but eventually, after some experimenting, I found out that it makes for a crispier pizza crust that holds together a lot better. So the twist here is to add that little bit of almond flour to help your crust hold together.The coolest thing about this cauliflower pizza crust recipe is that after making the crust you can freeze them and reuse them whenever you feel like it. see that… I am helping you guys save time, money, and a couple of inches off your waist 🙂
I would have made this picture smaller but how could you… Look how amazing everything looks! The detail is what makes it out of this world too!!!
Low carb cauliflower pizza crust with a twist
Yield 4 cauliflower pizza crustsPrep Time 30 minutesTotal Time 50 minutes to an hourIngredients1 Large cauliflower head2 eggs1 cup Parmesan2 tbsp almond flour 2 tsp dried basil1 tsp saltPinch of pepper Directions
- First, start by preheating the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place your cauliflower florets in a food processor and blend until it resembles rice.
- Place the blended cauliflower in a large bowl and microwave on high for 8 minutes
- Drain the cauliflower well, let it cool and then strain any excess moisture from it using a cheesecloth or a towel.
- Place the mixture back in a large bowl and add the salt, pepper, almond flour, eggs, parmesan, and the dried basil and mix until everything is combined.
- Divide the mixture in four and transfer to a lined baking sheet, then shape it.Make sure to spray some non-stick baking spray on the parchment to avoid having your crust stick to parchment paper
- Bake in the preheated oven for 13-16 minutes or until it becomes lightly browned You can now let this pizza dough cool down a bit before freezing it for up to three months.
- If you are planning to enjoy it on the day you make the crust, top it with some tomato sauce, cheese, and any other toppings you’d like.
- Place the tray back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until all the toppings are nicely cooked.
For the picture above I had to cook my pizza for about 14 minutes at 425 degrees F because I put an egg on top and wanted it to set a little more!If you like how this pizza is looking and would like to recreate it here is what I used:
- tomato sauce
- mozzarella cheese
- sliced red onions
- an egg
- homemade balsamic glaze
- A drizzle of truffle oil
I hope you enjoy this new recipe and make sure to follow me on Instagram @chahinez_tbtAlso, make sure to tag me on any social media platform using #TDfoodi whenever you try to make my recipes 🙂 !